More Info About Me

Monday, April 11, 2011

Today I'm thankful for: My amazing family and friends!  My special friends, Kelly, Sandy and Debra helped us pull off an adoption day party that was perfect in so many ways.  Simple but fun!



On the "Family Front": Speaking of being thankful...my guys ROCKED in welcoming (officially) their little sister to the fold.  Since DS 1 is living here, it's been fun to see them interact.  DS 2 made two trips this week for the festivities!  DS 3 helped LG put together the music playlist for her party...a very fun mix of tunes!  And DS 4 helped immensely on the entertainment front...with our giant Wii set up at the party!


My Educational Journey: So thankful that week five is done!  Three more weeks of this class and it's history!  I am enjoying it, but boy is it tough to juggle it all!

My Running Notes: Speaking of juggling.  Ran twice last week.  It's my goal to get back into THAT swing this week.  It is progress...just slower than I wanted.  Carving out time is absolutely a challenge.  I just don't have much to give.  Or, like after the party when I COULD have run, I was EXHAUSTED and my feet hurt.  Excuses, I know.  Still very real for me.

What I'm Reading: Nothing except school books right now.  UGH!

On my Mind: I am absolutely a control freak.  I know it.  Yesterday for LG's party, I found myself stressing (my family says it's my MO) in the prep portion.  I was stressing over some of the guests.  I was stressing about the tables being just so.  I was stressing over the decor.  Yet it all came out fine.  Although I know things always work out...there are those moments of tension just before that happen for me.  Here's my question:  If we didn't preplan...and if someone wasn't trying to think of all the little things...would it all still be fine?  Or is that a chicken and egg consideration?  Either way, I know I need to calm down and know that all will be fine when we do these things!

Speaking of that...look how Sandy's daughter's wedding decor lit up the place:

Inspirational Quote or Thought for Today:

Love this quote I saw on LG's teacher's Facebook tonight:  Be like a duck. Calm on the surface, but always paddling like the dickens underneath." (Caine) 


Hmm...maybe I can apply that to my "On my Mind" stuff!  And regardless how stirred up I get, I'm thankful that SHE'S OURS!  






2 comments:

kt said...

Congratulations to the family! How wonderful!

Anonymous said...

The event was perfect...and the stress didn't show as much as you might have thought...unless the "sweat" was the giveaway! :-)
We are so blessed to have AAN and "her" family as ours!! LY Guys! (Grandma) Carolyn