More Info About Me

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Pickin' and Grinnin' (More Memories)

My cousin, Lynn, reminded me that Hee Haw was part of our family TV watching...when we went to our Grandparents' house on Sundays. I think she is right. This dredged up more memories for me.

In a conversation with a "very young" teacher at work today I found out she was BORN in 1982...I know that it seems like a long time ago...but it's not, really. So I said, "Have you ever listened to a record player? Or seen an 8 track tape?" She said, "Yeah, I saw an 8 track tape in HISTORY class!!" I snarled!!

More memories from my childhood:

* Flipper the bottle-nosed dolphin
* Wanting a Mrs. Beasley doll
* Hippity-Hop
* Watching The Brady Bunch and The Partridge Family
* Listening to 45's....And speaking of 45's:
* Owning American Pie which took BOTH sides of the 45 to play
* Playing "Ghost in the Graveyard" until very late at night during the summers
* Magic Eight Balls
* Casey Kasem's Radio Countdown every Saturday
* Chatty Cathy
* Operation Board Game
* Sonny and Cher (with Chastity) TV Show
* Tony Orlando and Dawn TV Show
* Mac Davis TV Show
* Glenn Campbell TV Show

And probably the funniest TV show of all....

* The Carol Burnett Show (and Mrs. a-Wiggins)

Thanks, Lynn, for helping me go back a bit more today!!

4 comments:

kt said...

"they call him Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightening..." That's all I can remember. lol

Mrs. Beasely? Was that the doll from the show w/ the little boy & girl w/ the old male 'nanny'? Was it Mr. French? Or is that something else? And they always played 'bus' in their bedroom..... :o)

Susan said...

Yes, the show was "Family Affair". And, good job on the "Flipper" song!!!!! ;-)

Dan said...

Hmmm...1982 seems like an important year. Just think this person was born in that year and now is your colleague. Does it seem possible?

Susan said...

thanks, Dan...you make me feel SO young! (ahem)