More Info About Me

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008 Revisited: Christmas Eve and Beyond

After everyone left, we carried on our Christmas Eve tradition of the boys receiving Christmas PJ's. I love it that they "allow" me to continue taking the photo each year!

The older boys had their gift exchange with their friends M & K and then they went to play Ultimate Frisbee for a bit.

I was so excited because I was literally able to finish wrapping presents in a little under an hour AND watch the end of my favorite Christmas movie: "It's a Wonderful Life". This is a first for me (at least in a REALLY long time) because I am usually STARTING to wrap on Christmas Eve. I have even had the boys help me in pinch when it's been after midnight before.

But, this year, the prep was small and I was able to get in bed around 11:00pm. It was SO NICE!!

Christmas morning is usually us opening gifts here and then, in the afternoon, heading to Tampa to see my family. Santa brought two gifts this year. He knew that Grandma and Grandpa N were getting us a Wii, so he brought Wii Fit and Rock Band 2.

The boys have had a ball with all the new Wii games they received in addition to these two as well. It's been a great source of entertainment in the days beyond Christmas.

I put the stockings in here because I really wanted Danielle to see just how similar our stockings are! Our stockings are always opened last. And, in our family, we only give them to the "kids". Although, I'm thinking about changing that next year after reading some of the traditions in blogland this year.

Christmas has been a great time of family and friends for us this year. It was simpler than normal. Everyone cut down on the presents they gave, but there has been no shortage of love and laughter. I'm thankful for each and every memory we've made this week.
And I am looking forward to 2009 with much joy and hope!




11 comments:

Susan said...

Don't you just love what great sports our kids and friends are about our obsession with photos of EVERYTHING for our blogs. I think my kids are actually getting where they like it. My oldest Granddaughter called me Friday and one of the things she said during the conversation was, "have you posted the Christmas pictures on your blog yet?".

The pj idea is so cute!!!!!

I, too, am looking forward to 2009 and all the Lord is going to do in our lives.
Susan

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Looks like a lovely Christmas. After reading so many blogs this year, I think we must be the only family left that doesn't do the pj tradition! I like it, just never thought of it. So maybe next year...

Thanks for your comment on my "living intentionally" post, too.

Have a happy new year!

Melli said...

Love and laughter! That's what it's all about. If there were NO gifts, it would still be Christmas, and would still be worth celebrating! THAT's the thing to keep in mind! I think OUR family is taking a turn in that direction. *I hope!*

Unknown said...

glad you had a wonderful day..what fun pics

Anonymous said...

How funny. I always look at the photos before reading the text on the blogs I read, so when I saw the stockings I thought to myself...wow, those look like ours (I remember you mentioning this last year).....and to my surprise you mentioned the similarity in your post ;). I'm sorry to hear your Dad sold the property at Halls River ;(. Will the 2nd be the only day you will be there? We are headed to South Florida on that day to visit friends.

Merrie said...

I love seeing everyone in shorts for Christmas! What a blessing!!!
Those memories are wonderful.
We started a tradition with stockings that is fun. I got the HUGE $1 stockings from Dollar Tree. Then we had everyone get a $1 gift for everyone else. The results are hilarious and so much fun!... also takes the "burden" of stocking stuffing off me and spreads it around!

Tammy said...

It looks like a wonderful Christmas for your family!
That is sweet that your big guys still let you take pajama pictures of them! :)
I use to be the same way...wrapping presents on Christmas Eve night, but this time I was done early too ...didn't it feel great?

Mary Jo said...

I'm so glad you and your family had a wonderful time together. The pics are great!

Here's to a wonderful, God-filled New Year!

Linda said...

You have such good kids. I'm sure they still continue getting their Christmas pj's and don't mind the traditional photo shot.

This year my kids suggested buying only for the grandbabies. I agreed to this, but at the last minute I slipped a check to my kids with the promise I would play by the rules next year.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! We also do stockings for kids only. My hubby has many strengths, but gift giving is not one of them. I am afraid I would wake to an empty stocking! :)

Jen S. said...

I love the idea of new PJs on Christmas Eve! I might steal that from you.