This is the dragon ice sculpture from our cruise. It's a little hard to see with the lighting, but I was having trouble with the flash reflecting. You can make it bigger if you'd like.
In the meantime, it was "back to school" for teachers yesterday for me. We always have some sort of "back to school" party for our staff. Last night we went to the antique car museum that is in our area and we had a little fun...
Here are Sandy, Debra, and I in our "period costumes". We literally found the accessories and shirts at the last minute. But I think they worked.
This is my Principal and Assistant Principal posin' by one of the cars. My school is a very "tough" place sometimes due to the populations we serve, but these two never forget to help us stop and have a little fun along the way. I think it's one of the things that makes our school successful.
And just to show that this seating area can span the ages, I decided to do my best statue pose! That's all for now, I've got to head out to work. I'll be around later to read!!
13 comments:
Well I see you are really having fun and knowing YOU as I do..You can have fun!!
Great that the teachers would do this. Seems like the summer went by so quickly for you teachers. Our daughter in Savannah wishes it would come quicker. She is having some fun with her two this summer..fighting..We dont start till Sept 2nd..smile.
Have a great day..Heading for kathy and Charlie's today in Va. Sandy
What fun! I'm impressed with your outfits. I remember wearing that! (or something VERY close!) I'm praying for you to have a great year.
ROFL! You guys REALLY had fun! (and gOOd climbing!) YEA!
I LOVE that dragon ice sculpture... I wanted to BIG it - but it's not clickable... *pout* I bet it was REALLY impressive to see up close and in person!!!
Looks like a fun party...but the cruise looked like more fun :-).
Sending your prayers for a good back to work and school transition for all.
What fun! I hope your first week is wonderful!
I can't believe it's back to school time already! Wow!
What an awesome idea - to get together with your fellow teachers (and principles) for a fun night before the year begins! LOL
Y'all are so cool. I wish your band of teachers taught at my school! :)
Hi Susan, wow... what a cool way to celebrate going back to school.Wishing you a great year ahead.My 5 year old granddaughter Emma started kindergarten this past Monday..time moving on ...Hugs, Baba
If this is back to school, count me in. It looks like tons of fun!
Of course soon the kids will come and all the fun will end. LOL!!
Happy Back to School!
I remember the fun video you posted when the staff performed for the students this past year- I can tell, you all have a great time! :D
Your friend who is turning 70 looks absolutely great! (How cool that she is wearing something her grandmother wore in 1917!)
Hoping your new school yr. is wonderful, Susan!
I think you mighta missed what God is up to with me now... it's down below my Day 2 dragon -- in the post called God Pokes & God-winks... *sigh*
I got The Shack back last night but haven't had a chance to go through it yet! Hope to get that done tomorrow morning! (we'll seeeeeeee how that goes...)
I don't know why your picture won't big... sometimes they DO and sometimes they DON'T. I don't know if it's something with where you store them or what... the only one on your entire page RIGHT NOW that I can big is the one of DS3 sittin in his glider!
Oh... and by the way ... I meant to NOTICE earlier - but WHERE did all DS4's hair go??? WOW! What a difference! He's still adorable - but in a more HANDSOME kinda way!
Looks like fun - I've never been on a cruise...but maybe when the kids are a little older we can enjoy one! That ice sculpture is amazing!
I just love that last picture of you! Looks like you guys all had a great time!
Post a Comment