More Info About Me

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Without further ado...

The photo above is my DS 2 with "his duck". He said, "I meant I wanted a cute little yellow one, not a beast like this." I really did teach my children to be gracious. And if I'm honest, I can't say I blame him on this one.



DEAD MAN {I mean} DUCK-BILL WALKING!!!!!!!!!! {I couldn't resist the thought or the picture to show why I had this thought.}

Llama the Duck inspects his new home.

Now to add to this story just a wee bit more. Yesterday I was sharing it in the teacher's lunchroom at school and Ms. Greenpeace (that's not her name...but she is rather Earthy) says, "You know those ducks can't fly if they are molting. And they are known to carry tuberculosis."

I'm not sure how she knows that. But THAT certainly made me even happier about this chain of events.

Seriously, if you think about it (REALLY HARD), it's a special thing to have friends who will go to the nth degree to try and make your "dream" come true. I mean they had to capture this thing. I know it took three of them. I think my DS will look back on it and be touched by their effort and, yes, generosity.

And, THAT, my friends, is the end of my duck saga!! Have a QUACKY day!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So have you set up your TB tests yet????? :)

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Well what it take to be a mamma!! Guess more than you thought right SUSAN!! smile

Alise said...

Just hope he doesn't live up to the llama name and start spitting!
;-D

~A

Melli said...

LOL! The Earth Mother is just full of good news, huh? I'm SURE Mr. Llama will be FINE! One pond/lake is as good as another.... and if he doesn't fly off and find his friends... maybe his friends will fly IN and find HIM!!! ROFL!!!

heidi @ ggip said...

NO, that's not a particularly cute duck. I don't know if the TB thing is true, but I have always been told that birds are some of the dirtiest animals alive.

Farewell duck!

Susan said...

Oh my!!!! I was picturing a cute little yellow thing, too.
Susan

Baba said...

I have never seen a black duck...He is a odd ball looking guy.... Baba

Amy L Buitendyk said...

Well this duck is not what I had pictured but you are right - the effort his friends went to so that his dream came true!

That is true friendship and love...

Momma Roar said...

I know I would not have been able to keep my cool with that! :)

Lazy Daisy said...

You so quack me up Susan....dead duck walking. I'm with your son...I was thinking cute yellow fuzzy duckie. Guess I'd better stick to the bathroom floaty kind.