More Info About Me

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Tomorrow...

Tomorrow I'm running my second half marathon.  Well, I still have trouble saying "I'm a runner." I will be run/walking for sure.  Here's what I know, though.  I COULD NOT have done this 18 months ago when I started the Couch to 5K plan.  I COULD NOT have really done it last November either...although I was well into my training for Disney Princess by then.

Training for these things is a LEARNING and GROWING process in so many ways.  Not only is there the physical growth and strength that is required.  There's also an incredible mental/emotional experience that comes into play.  I play more head games with myself.  It's amazing.  Some days I feel like I could conquer the world and others I feel as though it's conquering me!  Still, I'm growing.  I am running farther and faster than I ever have before.  And I plan to continue to press on!



No comments: