My kids never cease to amaze me. Yesterday, DS 4 had his Open House at school. Since I work the night, I usually have a "private tour" with my child and then send him on home with his brothers and Dad. I should preface this little story with the fact that EVERYONE at my workplace knows they are part of DS 4's "Village"...you know, "It takes a village....". Our bookkeeper is no exception.
This gentleman is a retired bank president who just wanted a "simple job". He is delightful and really loves DS 4 and his wit. Yesterday, just after my private Open House tour, we were in the hallway. The bookkeeper came by and said, "A are you still here?" Without hardly taking a breath, DS 4 said, "Give me a Diet Coke and I'll disappear!"
I couldn't believe it. I think the bookkeeper (who is equally as witty) was a little taken aback by his quick response too. Then, I realized that our bookkeeper is responsible for the snacks and awards that are given away quarterly in my school. This often includes a soda one day with lunch. It's the picture he has of this man in his village.
And I guess, since his mother is a Diet Coke fanatic, it makes sense!! Apples do NOT fall far from trees.
No comments:
Post a Comment