More Info About Me

Sunday, September 10, 2006

They DO Grow Up! Happy Birthday DS 2!


DS 2 is 17 today. In some ways it is hard to believe and in others it's not. He was born 15 months after DS 1. They quickly became not only brothers, but friends. He has always loved to experiment and see how things work. This is the son who loved to color on the TV screen because he didn't think the picture was bright enough. He is the one who tried to give the new kitten a bath in the toilet...and flushed! He loved to pour, mix, stir, anything he could find. He was the first (but not the last) to get stitches as he played Superman off my dining room chair.


He's grown into a fine young man who makes his mother proud! DS 2 is a caring and compassionate individual who loves life. He loves to help others laugh and have a good time too. He loves to play soccer, his drums, and be with his friends. He is actively involved in two worship bands at the church and just completed his THIRD mission trip.


He absolutely adores his GF. It's refreshing to see them be truly best friends! They love to laugh and have fun together. They are committed to seeking God's will for their relationship and have placed Him at the center of it. To watch that is such a blessing!



DS 2 has always been someone who (as my Dad says) "Goes for the Gusto"! As one of his favorite middle school teachers told me last year, "He's a complete package!" He is a joy in our lives! I suspect with this type of determination that he will be successful in whatever he chooses to do. And I, for one, can't wait to see what the future holds.

Happy Birthday, Son! I love you!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAWWWW How cute is that? my little (ummm brother 2?) is growing up........ brings a tear to my eye, he is growing up so fast!!!

-Susan's DS 3?
(is that how i sign this?)

Greg and Christie said...

Who is that STUD with 74 on? Man he's a good looking kid!!!

Anyways, Sus I often marvel at what he has become. We've talked about it before, but I can remember 4-5 years ago being at your house painting and him being a totally different kid or who will ever forget THE Disney episode? As his Uncle I am very proud of what he has become and how thoughtful he is as a 17 year old. He his truly a reflection on you and your DH ( ok it felt wierd typing that!! ) and the excellent job you all have done in raising him and the other three.

samurai said...

That is wonderful to see. May the Lord Richly bless the celebration of his birth! :)

samurai said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I hope your son had a wonderful birthday yesterday! I know you must be very proud of him. I hope that my future child/children will also put God first in their lives like your son does. :)

Lynn said...

Tell M. we said Happy Birthday!!! That um, Disney episode, sounds like an interesting story....you'll have to share some day;-) Hope you have a good week....will be thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

I remember that kid on that swing set.

I remember setting up that swing set (along with Grandpa McGrath, Uncle Dave, and ??)