More Info About Me

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Ready for the Weekend?

I know this post is going up on Saturday, so you'd think I was already "IN" the weekend, but I'm not. This week has been crazy! And there seems to be no end in sight at the moment.

My new book (to debut at an event in October) came back this week FULL of changes that I had to make. The designer didn't "get it" on some pages and simply missed. The editing process is NOT my favorite part of writing. Since we've been pretty much editing this thing since February, I was hoping that I wouldn't have to make many changes at all. Ahh...the joy and the agony of creating something new!! That meant a few (almost) sleepless nights. Don't get me wrong, I am excited about it...it's just when things are done wrong, it's frustrating!

I have 45 Teacher's Guides to write on top of the book stuff. As you can imagine, I put those on hold while I stuck my head in the book. These 45 guides cry out to me daily...yet, I haven't had the chance to get started. This "weekend" I've GOT to get some done. That publisher is waiting and starting to get a bit anxious.

Still a third publisher wants another book done by November and has been emailing this week to nail down dates. It's 3/4 of the way "done"...I just don't know when I can get to the last 3/4!!

DH has been out of town. I love that he gets to travel and coach and consult. I still don't sleep really well when he's gone. He comes back today, thank goodness.

DS 4 has been sick twice this week...at the beginning and the end. He is still coughing like crazy and has a sore throat. I don't know if he has strep or not. Thank goodness Grandma and Grandpa can run sick bay for me!!

Today is soccer for DS 2. It's an hour away. We'll go there and THEN I'll have to work when I get home.

At my regular job, I have had to find a way to shuffle some stuff due to a new district committee on which I will be serving. This starts Monday and goes for the next 7 weeks from 3:30 - 5:30. This means that I have to make some plans this weekend for a group I see on Mondays at school (MORE lesson plans????).

Tomorrow's church and meetings and stuff. Sometimes Sundays is restful, tomorrow it won't be. Everybody in my family (except DS 4 and I) have a commitment tomorrow afternoon and/or evening.

So, here I am thinking "Yep, I'm ready and waiting for the weekend." It's just NOT going to be this one. It will have to be NEXT week or maybe NEXT month at the rate I'm going. Most of the time I juggle pretty well. Some weeks, though, like this one, make me feel like juggling isn't my forte'.

I think I'll set my sights on NEXT weekend and take things one day and one moment and one event at a time right now. If I am absent from your blogs or for those who know me IRL, simply absent, you'll know why. I know, though, that somewhere sometime when I least expect it, a weekend is coming!!

3 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Susan, what type of book are you writing? I just wondered. I don't think that I know anyone that has ever written a book!! Man that is wonderful! I always wanted to be able to write!! I love to read. I read a book coming here to Illinois on the plane. We had such a ride..we were delayed and delayed so I had a great chance to read!! We leave here this coming Tuesday. I am enjoying my 3 granddaughters and grandson....

Mary Jo said...

rPoor thing. While I don't write and publish, I do understand the craziness of life and I feel for you. Praying that God will be your strength and give you the stamina you need to complete your projects on time!

Hope to see you in October!

Lazy Daisy said...

Hope your book is on Time Management! Being a mother of 4 sons, I know you will be able to juggle your time. Hugs and prayers coming your way. (You are all prayed up for the day!)