Yesterday when I came to work there was a present on my desk chair. It was a huge bag filled with yummy banana bread....scrapbooking supplies...and Yankee Candle tarts. I thought it strange since my birthday is in August and Christmas is long gone.
As I opened the card, tears welled up in my eyes. My friend, Sandy, who went cropping with me on my cropping weekend had sent it just to say "thanks" for taking her along. You see she had never really cropped before. She was a "newbie"...but had been telling me that she wanted to do it. So her gift was her way of giving back. It was so sweet. And it made me feel good.
I realized, I am not good at these sweet "little touches". I am so thankful for so many people and who they are to me and what they do for me...but I sometimes forget to go the extra mile and say a special thank you...or even better, DO a special thank you. It takes effort and it takes time. But it is time that is so worth it.
I am going to try and be more mindful of opportunities when I can bless someone. I may not have time to bake and put together a sweet gift....I am sure, though, that I could do or say something that will be a blessing. I fear that we are in such a hustle bustle society that we miss more opportunities than we take.
I'm glad Sandy took the time...to both bless me and teach me yesterday. For me, it's another lesson learned.
No comments:
Post a Comment