I am back from my cropping weekend. We cropped until 1:30 Friday morning...woke up at 8:00 on Saturday and cropped again until 1:00 in the morning. This morning, I spent time organizing my stuff to bring it home so that I could be more productive here.
It was wonderful!!
I probably crop a bit slower than some people do. I have my photos organized chronologically and try to do a year at a time but I spend time looking at them again and again. I finished 2003 this weekend....and am more than 3/4 of the way into 2004 as well. This means that I more than met my own personal goal.
I might have been able to get a bit more done, but I love to stop and look at the pictures. Each one takes me back to a moment in time...it allows me to go on a precious memory journey. I took several "trips" this weekend:
I found myself at the hospital again meeting my nieces for the first time...sailing somewhere in the Carribbean with my family....visiting with our relatives from the West...going back to middle school graduations....first days of school...visiting Disney and Universal...Christmas...church activities...a Thanksgiving visit to Gatlinburg....and just generally being a family.
I know that these moments spent collecting and recording these special times for my kids will help them be able to share the stories of who they are with their own children someday.
It was relaxing...it was also a powerful reminder that we are weaving a tapestry of memories for our children each and every day. I pray that I weave a tapestry that will not unravel...I pray that it leaves a picture on each of their hearts that defines for them love and fellowship...so that one day, they too, can pass along their stories to those who come after them.
1 comment:
woohoo! good job!
Someday I'll get back to scrappin'....until then, I'll stick to crochet...it travels well. ;o)
Post a Comment