More Info About Me

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

He's 14 today...

My DS 3 has a birthday today. He's 14. It's hard for me to believe it. It seems like just yesterday that we brought him home from the hospital.

Tomorrow he solos in a glider airplane (which you can't do until you're 14). He is passionate about this whole aviation thing. It's neat to see him explore and develop his passion at such a young age. He knows more about airplanes than I could ever relay here. And when he talks about them, he just lights up.

DS 3 is a steady presence in our family. I think he gets more text message updates from his brothers than I do. They often tell HIM where they are and when they'll return! Perhaps it's because he is reliable and "always there".

I'm very proud of the young man he is becoming. I can't wait to see what his future holds, because I know it's awfully bright!

Happy happy birthday son!

11 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday to you "baby." And good luck and prayers on the solo flight!

Melli said...

Oh HAPPY birthday DS3!!! (Susan, it's Jane's birthday too!) BEST WISHES with your solo flight! You will be in my prayers!!!

Jane said...

Well, it appears that all great people have birthdays today!!!
Wish him a very happy birthday from a fellow August 5th baby!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope he has a wonderful day!

samurai said...

What an cool family you have. I am amazed at how different all your boys are, and yet you all work together really well.

I need to get a copy of your notes as my 3 children grow older. ;-)

Hope you enjoy the 14th anniversary of the birth of your 3rd son!

Linda said...

Wishing DS 3 a Happy Birthday and good luck with his solo tomorrow! Is he planning on flying for the Air Force or private airlines? It's wonderful to see a boy of his age with such passions.

kreed said...

Happy Birthday! And how awesome to find your passion while still young and better yet, pursue it so you can spend your life doing what you love!

YellowRose said...

Happy Birthday to your son!! He's a pilot!! WOW!! What a great future!

Merrie said...

You are truly blessed! Hope he had a very happy birthday!

Alise said...

What a handsome young man! Best wishes to him for his birthday. And congrats on his ability to solo in a glider. Very exciting!

kdoll aka *~Puzzle~* said...

Happy birthday DS3.