Here's DS 3 in the "roomy" cockpit ready to go. NO A/C on a HOT summer day...but ready to go.
Here he is in the air. Gliding....
Coming in for the landing...He got to go up another time and was up for 40 minutes after the first flight.

Did you know that after you make your first solo flight, they cut your shirt? The shirt tails get signed by the pilot, marked with the date, the instructor's name, and the flight location and glider type. Then they get hung on the wall with the shirts of all the other pilots.
From my DS 3: "Getting to fly solo yesterday was very fun. I had a great time and the feeling of being up in the air, alone, felt great!"
14 comments:
THUMBS UP!!! Waaaaaaaaaaay COOL! WOW! That is just sooooooo awesome! CONGRATULATIONS DS3!!!
Wow... Ds3 , you are an amazing cool guy...I can't wait to show my husband this post.he always has wanted to fly in a glider....great job...hugs.baba
You're AWESOME J...you really sounded excited. Glad you posted the pics S...they really tell the story. Stay 14 J..we love it!! :-)
LY..G'ma C
That is so cool! I can only imagine your nervousness, but what memories!
Way to go, DS3 - and a belated happy birthday. That's so cool about the shirts.
*I* would not have the guts to do that!
That is SO cool. We are ALL proud of him. Give him a pat on the back from me.
Thanks for the prayers. They are much appreciated. Hubby is better today after a visit from a doctor friend of ours. Keep praying though there are still many things going on.
How exciting! I am so glad he was able to enjoy that experience. I am sure it is the first of many!
Congratulations to J! What an aswesome accomplishment.
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exciting! And I'd never heard of the cutting tradition.
Congrats. It does sound like DS3 had fun. I remember the feeling I had when i got my license and my car and I drove on my own for the first time. It was a bit scary but also exhilirating.
One Brave Son. One Brave Mom. (I'd probably have been home with my head under the bed, crying & praying!! I tend to be a worry -wart!)
That is really cool..I'd love to do that--but I think I'd be REALLY scared actually. lol
Post a Comment