It's Monday and I am not going to do a weekend window since you've been peeking in my window all weekend anyway!!
I thought I'd do a Monday Memory....
Since Graduation has been on our minds this weekend, I thought I'd tell about my own high school graduation.
I graduated in 1982. I was a member of a class of 648 students (actually, I was #123 of the 648). The day I graduated, I got a name plate necklace. These were really popular at the time. The necklace had my name written in gold script on it. I also got my first pair of diamond earrings from my Dad. We graduated in the Sun Dome at USF...so the place was packed. There were no limits on the number of people who could attend with you. I know in addition to my immediate family, both my Grandparents, and one or two Aunts and Uncles were there.
I don't remember speeches. I don't remember the details of the ceremony. We came back to my house, where more family and friends gathered for an open house celebration at our house. I received many special gifts that prepared me to leave for college in August. More than the gifts, though, was that feeling of love and support that was woven throughout the day.
I know we cannot relive our lives through our children, but it was my prayer all weekend that DS 1 would feel the same at his graduation: supported and loved. I think the mission was accomplished.
1 comment:
I am not sure if this already posted, but I didn't see it so sorry if this shows up twice. I remember at my graduation that my parents, my brother and his wife (at the time, they are divorced now), their two kids, my three cousins, and my husband (who was my boyfriend at the time) plus our neighbor was all there. When I went up to get my diploma, my brother was there standing with a dozen roses for me. :)
I just found your blog and it's VERY interesting...if you stop by mine here anytime soon...you'll see my kids in the adventure of planting their very first vegetable garden and hopefully in a few days I'll be able to post them planting their own flowers too!!! LOL
Hope that you can find the time to come by my blog site and please post a comment when you do...I like for those who visit my site to let me know they've been there :) (you will need to 1. register (FREE), on the right side of my site before you post...this is just to make your visits more personalized, etc. and then 2. click "Leave Your Comments" back at the regular part of my site on any comments that interests you, and then 3. "Post Reply" once the comments page comes up and type your comment).
I'll try to visit your site regularly and hope that you visit mine as well! :) God Bless! :)
Post a Comment