More Info About Me

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Graduation and Grandparents


Graduation was a wonderful event!! My aunt noted yesterday, that many people graduate and don't have all their grandparents there. She's right. Yesterday, DS 1 had all of his grandparents present to celebrate the day with him. They are all with him in the picture above. (The serious picture that they took had eyes closed...so I had to get it with Gram and Grandma C doing their "non-serious photo".) At any rate, I know these pictures will be treasures for a long time to come.


And here is DS 1's GREAT Grandma with him. She really wanted to make the trip from Ohio to be here for and with him. It was very special for all of us to have her here.

Here is a picture of Daniel with his Great Aunt Sandy.

Just before the ceremony, DH leaned over to me and said, "I wonder if Nanny ever thought about this day?" Nanny was his grandmother. We KNOW she dreamed of having great grandchildren. DS 1 was the only great grandchild that she ever met and held. I have a GREAT picture of her holding him when he was only weeks old. So, yes, I am sure she was enjoying the ceremony from a different vantage point along with all the other great grandparents, great aunts and uncles, that have passed on.

Whether they are here or gone, they have left an important legacy that reminds us how special each moment is. Things like Graduation Ceremonies remind us to celebrate the moment while also remembering the past. They also remind us that there is a future. Somehow, family and friends leave fingerprints (or maybe it's lifeprints) in all three places: the past, the present and the future.

I am so thankful that we have the blessing of family and friends to share in these moments with us! We are proud of you, D!!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Looks like you survived;-) I'm glad that Aunt Sandy and Grandma were able to be there. Congratulations to Daniel! A card will make it's way to him eventually;-)