More Info About Me

Monday, May 15, 2006

Monday Memory

Since my weekend was pretty much already posted on my blog, I decided to share a memory of sorts. I found this Evolution of Dance on another blog. I figure since I lived through most of these dance crazes, I would pass it along. It truly is funny.

And just so I can be true to the whole Monday Memory thing....

Did I ever tell you about the recitals we used to do when I was a kid? We would all bring old costumes from ballet and tap classes...choose music...and put on shows for hours! The music we chose was usually found on our parents' old LPs (those are vinyl records for those of you who don't remember them). I remember dancing to "Hang on Sloopy" and "Leader of the Pack" and "Bye Bye Blackbird" probably HUNDREDS of times. I also remember "I Got You Babe" and "Dark Lady" by Sonny and Cher (well Dark Lady was only by Cher).

Personally, I think it was more fun than video games and computers.

No comments: