More Info About Me

Friday, May 12, 2006

I'm a bit weepy!

No one ever warned me about the emotional rollercoaster that you go on when your first child is ready to turn 18 and graduate from High School. The fact that both of these events are happening within five days of each other does not make it any easier!!

Everything…everything makes me think about him and these last 18 years! This morning on my way to work I heard a newer Christian song on the radio by Mark Harris that made me cry like a baby!

Find Your Wings
It's only for a moment
that you are mine to hold
The plans that heaven has for you
will all too soon unfold
So many different prayers I'll pray
for all that you might do
But most of all I'll want to know
you're walking in the truth

And if I've never told you
I want you to know that
as I watch you grow
I pray that God will fill your heart with dreams
and that faith gives you the courage
to dare to do great things

I'm here for you whatever this life brings
so let my love give you roots
and help you find your wings

May passion be the wind that moves
you through your days
and may convictions keep you strong
guide you on your way

May there be many moments
that make your life so sweet
but more than memories

I pray that God will fill your heart with dreams
and that faith gives you the courage
to dare to do great things

I'm here for you whatever this life brings
so let my love give you roots
and help you find your wings
It's not living if you don't reach for the sky

I'll have tears as you take off
But I'll cheer you as you fly
I will give you roots and help you find your wings


And listening to that song made me think about the song that we played at the Baptism of DSs 1 and 2 by Sandy Patty:

Before you had a name or opened up your eyes
Or anyone could recognize your face.
You were being formed so delicate in size
Secluded in God's safe and hidden place.

With your little tiny hands and little tiny feet
And little eyes that shimmer like a pearl
He breathed in you a song and to make it all complete
He brought the masterpiece into the world.

You are a masterpiece
A new creation He has formed
And you're as soft and fresh as a snowy winter morn.
And I'm so glad that God has given you to me
Little Lamb of God, you are a masterpiece.
And now you're growing up your life's a miracle
Everytime I look at you I stand in awe
Because I see in you a reflection of me
And you'll always be my little lamb from God

And as your life goes on each day
How I pray that you will see
Just how much your life has meant to me.

And I'm so proud of you
What else is there to say?
Just be the masterpiece He created you to be.


DS 1, my dream has always been that you would find your wings and go for your dreams and recognize that you ARE a Masterpiece!! I know you are going to do great things. And forgive your Mother if she is a little sappy during these few weeks! I love you!!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Wow, you've got *me* crying too now. lol You'll have to use those song lyrics on a scrapbook page of his graduation! Congrats and all the best to your son :) (My oldest has preschool graduation next Friday, but I'm sure it'll only be a blink of an eye before he is graduating from high school).

Susan said...

You're right, I DO need a night out!! Maybe I'll head up to SC for a night!?!?!

And, Courtney, you are right it is a blink of an eye!!!