More Info About Me

Friday, May 19, 2006

Blueberry Granitas

I had some requests to explain the blueberries, so here is the recipe:

2 cups of blueberries

1/2 cup of sugar (or the equivalent of splenda)

The juice of 1 lime

1/2 tsp. of grated lime rind

Puree all of that together.

Pour into an 11X17 pan

Add 3 cups of diet lemon/lime soda (Sprite)

Stir together.

Freeze for 8 hours

When you are ready to have some, thaw for five minutes. Cut into chunks and crush in the blender. You can garnish with a mint sprig (not something my teens needed).

Now, the blender didn't cooperate (as I shared in my TT yesterday). I put a bit more Sprite in (after I cleaned the blueberries off the walls and my glasses) and it worked great. Kind of like a fancy Slushie.

It was really very refreshing. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Susan! Mmmm that sounds great!

I just wanted to let you know that I liked your caption entry at Odd Planet and while you didn't win I'd still like to award you 15 credits. I need to know if you are a member of blogexplosion or blogmad (if not see the links to each of them in the caption contest and sign up to one of the traffic exchanges) and what you user name is at your prefered exchange ie blogexplosion user name or blogmad user name. I'll do the rest. :) Can you send me an email with your answer? Thanks!