
1. I went into labor right after a visit to the OB's office and hearing the news that it would probably be another week or so...
2. I think it was the Mushroom Burger at Ruby Tuesday's that "did it"! We called EVERYONE from our hospital bed just 20 minutes after he was born...it was a VERY special day!!
3. He has had stitches at least once, has been bruised and bumped, but has never broken anything.
4. I was his Kindergarten Teacher...which I loved.
5. He graduated from High School last week after spending a semester in college classes and finishing a nursing program.
6. He was part of an awesome (and loud) concert last night for the Middle School Youth Group.
7. He surprised me with an incredible bass solo on the last song...and I was equally surprised to see him fling the guitar around his neck a few times and dance up a storm on stage.
8. We call him his Dad's "Younger Twin"...although he has also developed much of his own unique personality as well.
9. He is a gifted speaker.
10. He loves music of all kinds. I love that he is open to listen to anything and accepts it for the art that it is.
11. He is going on his first mission trip this summer to Belize.
12. He is fun-loving and funny at times. I appreciate his humor and enjoy just spending time talking to him and listening to him and his dreams.
13. He is VERY special to his family...and especially to his Mother. I love to see the twinkle in his eye...his general willingness to try new things...and his drive! I know he is making a difference in the world...and I am extremely PROUD of him!!
Happy Birthday, Son! I love you!!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
24 comments:
Happy birthday to your boy! You can tell how much you love him. :)
Happy Birthday to your Son from a mom who dreads seeing her's turn in to teenagers some day.
If they could just stay little 'til their Carter's wear out.......
C
What a great tribute to your son having it as a T-13. That's special.
Thanks for dropping by my Thursday list.
that's really sweet!! i hope the next 18 years of my life are as special as it seems yours have been.
Tell D we said Happy Birthday.....wish we lived closer so we could celebrate with you all!
He sounds like a great kid! Hope he has a happy birthday :) Thanks for stopping by!
What a nice tribute to your boy! Sounds like you love him very much!
Hope he has a wonderful birthday!
What a great tribute to your son! Kids grow up so fast. My oldest is almost 16 and youngest is almost 6. And the 6YO acts like he is 16 and the 16YO acts like he is 6...go figure!
Happy Birthday!
It sounds like you are so in love with your son! What a sweet, sweet post! I know I will have one of these for Justice one day. Happy birthday to your son! Make sure he reads this post! My list is up!
happy birthday to your boy!
You got to be his kindergarten teacher? That must've been great :)
Thanks for stopping by my 13.
Going on a mission to Belize? How do you get that gig? I want to go with him!!!!
How blessed you are. And I have to tell you that I love your first name. Thank you for stopping by today.
Aww...they grow up so quickly. I agree you are blessed. Very lovely post to a most remarkable young man.
Aw! That is so sweet! Congratulations :-)
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy birthday to your son, what a lovely T13!
Mandy :=)
Very nice post about your son. Thanks for visiting my T13 happy birthday to your son!!
Your son sounds very nice. Happy birthday to him. I hope he enjoys Belize and can appreciate the fantastic culture in that tiny paradise - it is one of my favourite countries.
This is such a sweet tribute to a very precious son. I have a little one myself.. he just turned 1 and had to have heart surgery recently but came through it with flying colors. I have already made hundreds of lists regarding my little guy and looking forward to lifetime more of them. Thanks for sharing. :)
That was a beautiful list! I hope your son knows what a great mom he has. Mission Trip to Belize...awesome! That's on my list for mission trips...maybe that will be my TT for next week!
Thanks for visiting my TT!
What a great way to wish someone a happy birthday! :)
Thanks for visiting my TT.
What a great list. I hope you print it out for him and put it in his baby book. It sure is a keeper.
He's a lucky boy to have such a good mom.
LBC
Awww, happy birthday to him!!! He sounds like a wonderful young man.
awwww happy birthday! my baby turns 3 tomorrow... my other 2 are 5 and 6 so he really is my baby in all sense of the word! i think i will post a similar post like yours!
Post a Comment