Son 2 notices things. Today, on the way home from church, he drove son 3 and I to the mall (for more school shopping---how fun!). My husband and son 4 were in the car behind us on the interstate. They passed us at one point on our journey and son four was waving and smiling like crazy as they did. As this happened, I said, "We should all be so joyful all the time." Son 2 said, "Oh no, there's a blog!" Then he proceeded to mimick what today's thoughts on MY blog might bring: "Son 4 passed us in the car smiling and I noticed him smiling and well...we should all be happy and enjoy life." That son 2 is SO OBSERVANT!!
As you may remember from my very first post, he is the one who said "I learned some things about people that I didn't want to know while reading their blogs." Since I have been on this journey he has commented several times about how my blogs all talk about what I learned and from whom.
I hope he understands that all of life really IS about learning. Most of our learning happens beyond the walls of formal institutions. It's about being observant (which he is) and seeing what lessons are out there for us to grab and implement. Today's lesson: "Go for the gusto! Enjoy every moment! Laugh often and loud!" After all, it works for son 4...it just MIGHT work for the rest of us!
Son 2....this blog's for you!!! Love you!
2 comments:
Matt,
Get used to it. Mom's "talk" about their kids and continue to tell them what to do. M
y mother -- your GREAT grandmother Nations -- was still telling me to "remember to take your umbrella" when I was 38 years old!
Love,
Grandpa
Funny, I was just gonna blog about this same theme....not being 'observant' but enjoying life.
KIDS teach us that! ;)
Post a Comment