More Info About Me

Friday, August 05, 2005

Happy Birthday Son 3!

It doesn't seem like that long ago that I heard the nurse at my OB's office announce, "Yep, it's another boy. That's DEFINITELY a boy part!" Then she handed me that grainy ultrasound picture with an arrow and the words "boy part" written in white. Another boy. I knew it even before I went in there. I knew that God wanted us to raise boys. I'm glad.

It also doesn't seem that long ago that I went to the hospital early on a Friday to give birth to our third son. It was 11 years ago today. A hot Friday. We called grandparents and they met us at the hospital to watch the other two boys (then 6 and 4). It took all day, but around 4:50, after a long labor and a vacuum extraction, he was born.

He's always been a joy to us. He was a relatively easy baby. He really was very calm, quiet, and didn't make waves. He's pretty much still that way.

On Monday, he'll enter Middle School for the first time. He is really growing. When I think about him entering Middle School, I think "Wow....time flies!" I think he is going in on solid ground.

He is a good student. He has become quite active in the church youth group. He is uncovering talents such as acting, camera work, and computer expertise, among other things. I am excited to see what the next 11 years brings for him. I am sure I'll be looking back then and thinking "It seems like only yesterday..." and "Time sure does fly!"

Happy Birthday, son! You make us proud!!

1 comment:

kt said...

awwwee! how sweet!

my oldest is 12.5 entering 7th grade...I think your #3 & my #1 would get along....many of the same interests! For his last b-day he got a video camera! & he's a great actor & improvver!

Maybe they'll meet someday in college! lol