More Info About Me

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

All of Life's a Blog...

My kids and my in-laws read my blogs. They have all commented at one time or another about the blogs that I have written since I have been on this journey. The other day I wrote about son 2 noticing that all of life could end up in blogs....tonight, my father-in-law joined in the game. He was at my house dropping off son 2 (the observant one) and bringing some of "Grandma's Kitchen" over for us to eat (THAT'S a whole blog for another day).

Anyway, FIL sat down to ask how school was going and son 4 proceeded to tell us all that this was "the worst day of his life". Of course we are all wondering how bad the worst day of a 6-year-old's life could be. He proceeds to tell us that it is over a girlfriend...and some kids teasing him about it. He and some other kids had to stand out at recess for 10 minutes today because they were loud in the lunchroom talking about this "girlfriend" and my son. It's ONLY day 2 of first grade (pray for me, pray really hard)!! He's already had to stand on a time out and he is "having the worst day of his WHOLE life!"

My FIL and son 2 said they weren't quite sure how I'd approach this one in the blog world. I think it's true that perspective is everything. When you are six, losing some of recess, the teasing of friends, and getting a "yellow cup" at lunch can be awful. Through our eyes, however, we think "life should be so rough for all of us." In fact, some days I long for those "simpler times".

I remember first grade though. I even remember having to sit on a chair in the corner once in Mrs. Hudson's class (no telling why). I am pretty sure that might have seemed like the "worst day of my life" up until that point. I do know it was humiliating and especially because it was a teacher I loved! Son 4 has already told me that he loves his teacher. He told me yesterday that he'd like to have her for first, second, third, fourth and "if possible" fifth grade. So, yes, this might have been the "worst day of his life".

Today's lesson?

Whether we are six or sixty, one thing is for sure, tomorrow is another day and hopefully it WILL be better!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may have to stop making comments!

FIL

kt said...

OH! The HORROR of it all! ;o)

I remember having to 'stand the line' @ recess MANY times in first grade. WHY? because I talked too much!

Not much has changed since then!

Susan said...

kt,

THIS is the son who brought home notes occasionally during last year that said the rule he broke: "Is quiet for learning."

It's definitely in his genes.

:-)