More Info About Me

Monday, October 12, 2009

My Weekend Window

What a busy weekend! Actually, it was relatively mild as our weekends normally go, but I thought I'd fill you in just the same.

Friday, DS 2 went to the U2 concert then up to Orlando to stay with his friend Matt. He called us at 11 after the concert to tell us that his phone had died and that he would text as soon as he got to his friend's house. Well, I woke up around 12:45am and started my "Mother worry".

I texted his brother, my DS 1, and asked if he was awake. He said "yes". I asked him to text DS 2's friend Matt and tell him to have my DS 2 text BOTH his Dad's phone and mine. DS 1 said, "OK". (Keep this little tidbit in mind.) And not 20 minutes later, DS 2 texted and said that he had arrived safely. I went back to sleep.

Saturday morning I took my FIL to Ikea. We went to find furniture for their family room. Let me just say that almost any trip with him is an adventure. We had fun. Found furniture. I told him that my DS 1 rode the cart through the warehouse section. Not to be outdone by a 20-something, HE had fun riding the cart (like a skateboard) up and down the warehouse aisles! I have a picture, but don't know how to transfer it from my phone to my blog.

Not long after I got home from that trip, DSs 3 and 4 and I headed out to see Brandon Heath, Leeland, and Franceska Battistelli in the Follow You tour. I'm pretty sure anyone who listens to Christian music knows of Brandon Heath (Give Me Your Eyes) or Francesca Battistelli (Free to Be Me) who are BOTH wonderful....but you may not know about Leeland.

These guys are simply amazing! My boys "discovered" them several years ago at a Youth Weekend where they led worship everyday for a week. Soon after that, we bought their first CD and LOVED it! My favorite song so far of theirs is "Yes You Have"--although there's one on the new album called "Via Dolorosa" that is simply amazing.. There's no video to really watch here, but you can listen to "Yes You Have" a fabulous worship song here:


And I can't put that song in without also giving you the powerful lyrics:

Every tree and every stone Every rushing wind that moans They sing Your praise My God, they sing Your praise Every star and open sky Tell of Your glory divine They shout Your praise They shout Your praise, yeah

You've stolen my heart Yes, You have! You've stolen my heart Yes, You have! You've wiped away the stains And broke away the chains Yes, You have!!

With Your love You set me free Three nails gave me liberty So I'll sing Your praise My God, I'll sing Your praise Oh, with Your love You forgave my sin Forgot my past And brought me back again So I'll sing Your praise I'll sing Your praise, yeah

If I ascend into the sky Or hide behind the night I can not run Your love is chasing me If I fall into the sea
Your hand will rescue me No one will take Your place Because This is all for You
Yes, this is all for You You're the King of the world You're the King of the world


Leeland really has a heart and a passion for faith that well-surpasses his age. The worship was amazing...The story of Leeland and Brandon Heath going into Cambodia through an organization called "Feed the People" was touching. Here is a short video of their trip and the song that is the theme of their tour:



Anyway, we had FRONT ROW SEATS! So fun! DS 2 came and met us there. This is where I found out just how strange my texting with DS 1 must have been. It turns out that DS 1 was AT Matt's house waiting for his brother! So, I don't think he had to text AT ALL to ask Matt to have DS 2 text my phone. I called him on it and he really didn't see any reason I needed to know they were sitting only feet from each other. And I guess I don't "need" to know...but I think I "want" to know those types of things. Perhaps this is part of my nest becoming more empty!

Yesterday, was relatively quiet for us. Just a lazy sort of Sunday. I needed that to prepare myself for this week. I've hit the ground running today already and I don't know if it will stop until next Saturday.

So, that's it from my neck of the woods! Hope you're all off to a great week.

4 comments:

samurai said...

Nice to see another blogger participating in Musical Monday. ;)

Some good songs there! Thank you for sharing.

Just in case... i can't say that i am pulling for your Bucs next weekend. ;) But the weekend after that i will. Promise. 8) Looks like us NFC South fans need to pull for the Saints next weekend. i really don't like how cocky New York fans can get. lol

Melli said...

ROFL! Oh Susan... darlin' this is just the BEGINNING! You see, as they DO leave the nest, they do no longer HAVE to tell you when they get together with each other! And being that you freely admit you're a control freak - this will be a little "pay back" I am sure! My kids get together all the time WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE -- and I don't think it's a bit FAIR that I'm not invited! LOL! But then again - I'm one of those Mom's who is very thankful for all the time my kids DO spend with me -- which is quite a lot compared with some other Mom's I know! Of course... all of yours still live at home! So they're just messin' with ya! :)

Lazy Daisy said...

I agree with Melli....be happy they like each other well enough to want to be together. Our son and Suzy really fought while growing up but now are really close. It's nice. Hope you had a relaxing day.

Mary Jo said...

Oh I can't wait to go to that same concert here in Charleston November 4th. I'm a HUGE Francesa Battestelli fan! Wooo-hoooo! :)