More Info About Me

Friday, October 02, 2009

Friday Fave Five

My friend, Melli plays this meme on Fridays. She gets it from the host, Susanne at Living to Tell the Story. In this meme, we share our five favorite things from the past week. If you would like to play along just post your 5, link back to Susanne and visit her to see who else is playing along.

1. It turned cooler on Wednesday. What a GIFT that is when you live in southwest Florida. It's been so hot and humid lately that I forgot what it felt like. Although those of you in the north won't think it, the temp dropped to the mid-70's. It was gorgeous!!

2. I had a BLAST watching my DS 3 at the airband contest the other night. He just had so much fun. Since he's the most conservative of all my kids, it was fun to see him cut loose and enjoy himself on stage. I wish I could link up to the video which came out on Facebook today! Too funny!

3. Last night a team of teachers and I facilitated a parent/student night for K-1 children and their families. This program is called Partners in Print. I LOVE IT! It's a great time for families to learn more about helping each other develop literacy. The best part?? My friends Sandy and Jamie came and helped out just because they're those kind of people! I love it when people just give and don't expect anything in return. They are very special people!

4. Our church served free supper for our K-1 families last night. I love that too. It's so neat to be able to let the families know that someone has provided their supper at no charge. What a blessing!

5. Speaking of church, I'm going to host our second "Partycipate"...our version of a membership gathering...at my house tonight. Last Saturday, we had 19 people over to hear the vision and mission and get to know one another. Tonight, there will be another 25 people. I love getting to know people...especially while laughing and learning together.

Well...that's it! Happy Friday to all!



6 comments:

Catherine said...

#5 sounds very intriguing -- we may try a version of that sometime for our church!

Have a good weekend!

KrippledWarrior said...

Okay. What time is dinner?

Kelly said...

Your church is so cool. I love it. Great list.

Melli said...

Sounds like you had an awesome week Susan! Your church... you guys NEVER cease to amaze me! You reach out in such "real" ways!

Anonymous said...

I had to smile at number one. I have a friend who lives in Tampa. She posted on Facebook that she was enjoying the 65 degree fall temps--she just had to get up at 5AM for them. :) Honestly, I despise being cold, so I would love to come visit you from November to March (and I only live in Tennessee--it's not like I am in Alaska or anything).

Susanne said...

Hello Susan. Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. I'm so glad I went through all my emails today and found your comment. Did you sign onto the Linky? I really enjoyed reading your five. The partycipate sounds very interesting and a lot of fun. A great way to get connected with a new church or as a new believer.

I love watching my kids do airband. They are so funny when they let loose. Enjoy your week!