Yet, the truth is...all pretty packages have places that are imperfect. We all have places that don't look as pretty. Those seams that don't quite come together. Or the parts that aren't packaged as well.
An amazing thing happens, though, when God himself reaches into our lives. He takes the broken parts; the parts that don't quite fit; the parts that are flawed and imperfect...and he pours out his Amazing Grace on them. And the parts that aren't as pretty to see are made whole through the eyes of love.
And, that, my friends is what makes us perfect just the way we ARE! Do you know he loves you? Do you know that he knows exactly which part of your life is falling to pieces? And he LOVES YOU! HE. LOVES. YOU. He wants to wrap his arms of love around you and renew and restore your soul. He wants you to be HIS pretty package...for it's not the outer wrappings he sees. No. It's the heart. I love that.
In my mind, there's no better picture for this than when God was appointing David to be king. Samuel was looking at the strong men in Jesse's family. He was drawn to the older boys. The ones with brawn. But, God had other plans:
7 But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."
So beautiful!
5 comments:
We truly can never comprehend His love....but what we do know and understand is wonderful & marvelous.
"The more I seek Him the more I love him, the more I love Him the more I seek him." I just love the thought of this song!!!
Susan
Sometimes that's the very part that scares me most... what if my heart isn't GOOD enough... but then I remember... oh yea -- FORGIVEN. Praise Him!
Beautiful post, my friend. Well said.
Hugs,
Mary
Excellent reminder!
Susan--this was such a good post!
I think I'm the "duct taped together package..." Yup. That'd be me. Most days anyway.
Post a Comment