Yesterday I received a huge surprise at work. OK it wasn't JUST my surprise...it was for me and LG from my wonderful DH! He had to be out of town for a few days upon her arrival and so he's been calling her and talking with her each night to try and make those important connections. Well...yesterday he decided to connect with both of us by surprising us with this:
She has connected with all the boys quite well. They have played frisbee with her, helped her with coloring, and watched TV with her. I think she enjoys the positive attention and they like doting on a little girl!
Today, DS 4, LG and I headed off to our local Pumpkin festival. We had a ball even though it was SO DARN HOT!
Tomorrow we will be "reverse trick or treating" here in our neighborhood and in two other neighborhoods in town. This is when we go door to door and hand neighbors bags of candy to use for Halloween. It's a great activity that catches people off guard and extends a surprising act of kindness all at the same time.
All's well here in our world. In so many ways it's almost as if it's always been. I love that.


9 comments:
Ohhhhhh! That is just the most blessed little girl in all the world! She is a cutie and this whole thing just MELTS my heart! I LOVE it!!!
So glad for the picture of your adorable little girl. I can see she is already "at home". How blessed you ALL are. I'm always impressed with the giving that your church does for others.
Susan
Yay! I'm so glad it's all 'fitting' together. ((HUGS))
Sus,
So my LG now has her LG! I can't say enough to describe my total PRIDE in YOUR/(MY) Family. The love that you are all giving her will "Pay you all back many times" in your lives.
I'm looking forward to being there next week and spending time with all of you, especially our LG.
Love to all!
Dad
What a fun outing for you all. I am sure LG had a ball, and I know you enjoyed having the experience with her.
Grandma N has already taken Grandpa N to garage sales to purchase Polly Pockets and Littlest Pet Shop for LG to play with on Friday when we keep her (along with another grand daughter -- one of her new cousins).
Oh yes, Grandpa N found a rather large fold-up Princess Castle (for $2.00) at another garage sale and will surprise both grands on Friday. So what if it only lasts one day -- it will be worth the 2 bucks!
:)
Such precious memories. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, SusanD
I love keeping up with you on Facebook and was so excited to see pictures here! I am so thrilled for all of you and an praying for the best as you create your new family!
What great ideas you have! I love the reverse trick or treating.
Also, it is so special that your boys have welcomed your precious new member of the family. It shows you have done a good job of teaching them to be generous and give.
Blessings~
Post a Comment