More Info About Me

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Things SUSAN has done on her Summer Vacation....
Since Summer is officially here this week, I thought I'd share some of the things that we've already done...Consider this my "June Report"!

1. Visited family. So far, we've been able to spend time with our "Orlando Cousins" and our "Tampa Cousins". Before the Summer is out, at least some of us will spend time with our "Ohio Cousins".

2. Read. Read. Read. I love to read and I don't get much time during the school year to read books that I choose because my job requires that I read a lot of research and educational materials. I'm loving reading some of the things that I choose and/or that others suggest.

3. Bowled. We've been bowling at least once. The kids like to do this. It's a good "cool" inside activity.

4. Been Swimming. We've been to our YMCA Waterpark which is a great place for the kids to play. DS 3 and DH are finishing their SCUBA certification this week. And we are preparing for our annual scalloping trip up in Homosassa.

5. Exercised. I was bound and determined to get back to the YMCA for exercise. I love to use the treadmill and ellipticle machines there. This week I started back and I feel great.

6. Blogged. I've spent time blogging, as usual. But, I've also spent time reorganizing my blogroll and putting it on Google Reader. If you haven't taken the time to do this, it saves a TON of time clicking into everyone's blog. And, I've learned to make some of my own headers...how do you like my TT header this week?

7. Gone to the Beach. We went out to the beach a couple of weeks ago to watch the sunset and are planning to go out there again this weekend for baptisms on the beach. I'm excited for this. It's sad, but we live so close and I hardly ever see the water. I'm trying to change this.

8. Met some friends for lunch. I've had a couple of lunch outings with some friends. This has been so fun. We normally get to see each other at school on our 30 minute "teacher lunch". To sit and gab and eat liesurely is quite a gift.

9. Shopped. I went shopping and picked out new bathroom accessories for the boys' bathroom. It's also our "guest bathroom". It's been in a fish motif since we moved in...though none of the rest of my house is done in anything "ocean" or water. Now, their bathroom will more or less match the rest of the house.

10. Written. I've finished 12 teacher's guides so far. I'm excited because my role with the publisher is going to be more consultative vs. writing. This will free me up to write some of the material that I want to write.

11. Gone to the Movies. We've seen Shrek the Third and Spiderman 3 so far. There are several more movies I want to see.

12. Rented/Watched Movies. We rented Dead Poet's Society, What Dreams May Come and Patch Adams. I tried to watch Dreamgirls, but I just couldn't get into it.

13. Planned the rest of our Summer Vacation. DH and I are going to try and get away for our 20th anniversary. Our family is going to go away for a week in the Keys with my cousin Lynn and her family. We are going scalloping for a week. I am driving with DSs 3 and 4 to Ohio for a week. DSs 2 and 3 will be going on a Youth Retreat over in Daytona for a week. {And this is JUST JULY!}

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


16 comments:

Ladybug Crossing said...

I love google reader!!!

You've been really busy... I can relate to that!

Have a great weekend.
xo
LBC

Susan said...

You've had a busy June already!!
Susan

Carina said...

Sounds like you're packing a whole lot into one little summer.

Jane said...

Well, haven't you had fun! I hope you get to do everything you have planned.
My T13 is up.

Jill said...

I love your TT header. Where did you learn to make them? I've been so interested in doing it myself. I even bought blog/webpage for Dummies but it wasn't helpful at all.

Anonymous said...

You have been very busy! I like your header, and I am impressed. Sounds like you are having a wonderful summer so far!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

You did not like DREAM GIRLS!! wow!! I loved that movie!! So did lazy daisy. We went together when she was here. I use bloglines. I was wondering if google was better. Sometimes it does not work just right. I like knowing when people have posted.
Nice list today!! I have my Thankful Thursday up but you have already been there. Thanks for stopping by. Betty is improving from her stroke but we all know that her cancer is all over the place. It is just hard to see because it is inside her. Bless her...Sandy

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

You're having the summer I've always dreamed of. (I don't dream high and might; I just want some peace and a little fun.) How do iget the Google thing?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun and busy summer! I miss having "free" summers...

Tammy said...

OK, I'm jealous! ;) But of course, my summer just started for me this week. (We finished our home school year officially last Friday.) So, I think you've had a head start on me! :)

Sounds like you have been doing some really fun things, Susan! (And I must check into that google reader thing!)

PDub said...

This is really great - you've already developed so many summer memories and it has only just begun!

Thanks for the Google Reader tip - I will look into it soon.

PDub said...

This is really great - you've already developed so many summer memories and it has only just begun!

Thanks for the Google Reader tip - I will look into it soon.

Nesting Momma said...

I just found your blog and will add it to my blog roll. Love it! I too listed busy summer stuff. Have a great weekend.Donna

Connie Barris said...

soooo this girl grew up in the keyes.. but I know nothing about scalloping... how do you do that? I know I love to eat them... with butter dripping down my elbows... oh my.. girl.. that will be some fresh eatin'

I so covet you

K said...

Thanks for visiting my Thursday Thirteen yesterday!
You have a great list here, sounds like a busy summer already! I am jealous of you.. being so close to the beach!! I love the ocean and love to swim, and, like you, I also love reading!

Hope you have a great rest of the summer! I will be back to vist your blog again. Looks like a great blog to read.

Melli said...

*Whew!* You're wearing me out!

DO tell me about scalloping! I've never done THAT before ... now I need to know... exactly how DO you catch scallops!