More Info About Me

Monday, June 25, 2007

I'd Like to Thank the Academy!


My blogging friend (and blog designer),Susie nominated me to receive a Rockin' Girl Blogger Award! Thank you, Susie, for your kind words. {Edited to add: When I was out surfing tonight, I saw that my blogging friend, LadyBug also nomiated me today. THANKS to you BOTH!}

Now I get the opportunity to pass the award on to 5 other Rockin' Girl Bloggers! So without further ado, here they are...............

1. My
SIL, Heather. Heather has been through so many changes since she started blogging including fighting cancer this year and moving back to Florida from Arizona. She hasn't had as much time to blog, but never fails to share her heart or her joy when she DOES post. Heather is a great Wife and Mother. She loves her family and her friends and never fails to show it. Heather, and her blog, rock!

2. My "oldest" (meaning the one I've "known" the longest) blogging friend...
Mary is a true Rockin' Blogger! She and I met via a Christian Internet group. She started blogging shortly after I did. Since then, she has moved and had a new baby. I've had the GREAT pleasure of meeting Mary in real life. I so wish we lived closer, cause she has such a beautiful heart and great spirit. Mary's faith is unwavering. She continues to seek after God's own heart and she share's her journey via her blog.

3. Jane, over at
Cozy Reader, is another blogger I've read for a long time. She is a United Methodist Minister's wife and shares this ministry, along with her own thoughts and musings, with the blogging world. I know for certain that MY blogsurfing is enriched because of her. Jane and her husband have such a heart for Venezuela. Please go read this postif you have not. It is a poignant picture of the ministry that is happening in this part of the world in part because of the work of this couple.

4. My 4th Rockin' Girl Blogger award goes to
Jill over at "Who Could Ask for Anything More?" She is a "newer read" for me, but I LOVE visiting her place. Jill lives in Atlanta and loves to share her family, her faith, and life in general with us via her blog. It's a blessing to hear about her walk with God. I also have loved following her home renovation stories. I'm convinced that Jill has many many stories inside her just waiting to be told via her blog...and I, for one, can't wait to read them!!

5. And, last, but not least, my fifth award goes to
Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee. Linda's place is always good for a laugh. She shares her life as a Youth Ministry worker who loves kids. Her blog is filled with humorous looks at life in general...but in between the laughs are the hidden truths and "swift kick in the pants" that we all need sometimes.

Now, you know that my entire blogroll is FULL of Rockin' Blogger Girls (and Guys). The rules were to pick five girls, so I did that. Now, these five people will need to award five new people so we can spread the love around!

In conclusion, I'd like to add that YOU GALS ROCK!!

10 comments:

Bellezza said...

Susan, I am so touched by your commitment to our Lord on your blog. That's the first thing I noticed, and it's wonderful. I can see we have a lot in common, being NBCT's, and mothers, and readers, as well as sisters in Christ. I look forward to visiting you from now on.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations and I agree ... YOU ROCK! :o)

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Congrats young lady...Of course you are a Rockin' Blogger!! I had so many that I wanted to nominate that 5 were just not enough!! I love these small little fun awards..Just makes it all the more fun!! Thanks for stopping by!! I love it when you drop by. Have a great night..Sandy

Jill said...

Susan, you do rock. And thank you so much for your kind words. I, too, love reading your blog daily and have learned so much from you (as a fellow mom of boys) and have been inspired by your faithfulness.

Jane said...

This is SO cool. I am touched by your words and appreciate them very much. Your blog is an inspiration to me as well and I am so glad to have 'met' you through this avenue! Maybe one day soon we can meet in person.

Momma Roar said...

Fun award and congrats!

Connie Barris said...

You do rock.. and I think you are very deserving...

so rock on sista....

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh, thank you Susan. And to think someone who inspires me named me. Sending my love to you!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about Jill. That girl can tell a story!

Heather said...

Thank you! Right back at you...and rock on~
Love,
Heather