My friend, Danielle, over at The BiPolar Diaries tagged me for this Meme. I feel a little bad because I am pretty sure someone tagged me for this not long ago...and I didn't do it. So, if that was you...here it is!
1. Each player must post these rules first.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
OK, Eight RANDOM things about me...
1. Did you know that I was Gretel in the Sound of Music when I was little? It was a local community theater. Later on my DS 3 was Kurt in the Sound of Music. I thought it was so neat that we both had our "stage debuts" in the same Musical. The only difference is that he was in the professional Dinner Theater here in our town.
2. My DH and I booked an 8 day cruise last week to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We are going to the Mayan Ruins near Belize from Costa Maya, Mexico. We will visit the Rainforest in Costa Rica. And we will go to the Panama Canal. Isn't that exciting? We leave on the 7th of July ALL. BY. OURSELVES!
3. I met my wonderful DH when we were in college. We used to go find water towers for fun. I know this sounds weird...and it was my idea. We would see them in the distance and then see if we could drive right up to them.
4. Most of you know that I have four other "babies" in my life. They are the books that I have published for teachers. I'm excited because numbers five and six are "in the oven" and my friend, Sandy and I will be working on #5 this week. My friend, Suzi, has one that I need to peruse and add to as well.
4. I don't eat beets. I hate the things. I don't even like sitting at the table with someone ELSE who is eating beets. The smell just sends me into orbit.
5.I have a dream to see America by backroads. I would love to get in a big RV and just go to all the little cities and towns that aren't on the beaten path. I love the "flavor" of such places.
6. I have lived in Florida all my life, but will be taking my first trip to the Keys in two weeks. We will be staying in Key Largo.
7. I had a professor tell me that I "should never go into teaching because you'll never make it" when I was in college. I believed her for a while. Another one came along and said, "She doesn't know what she's talking about." 20 years later, I received the Teacher of the Year award for our district. I believe that I could have missed the blessing of choosing the vocation for which I knew (at that time) that I was "called" had I listened any deeper to her negative talk!
8. I love antiques! When DH and I were newly married, and living in Kentucky, we used to go to Antique Auctions on Saturdays. I have an old school desk, a church pew, and a treddle sewing machine that I "won" at those auctions for very little money.
I am tagging anyone who wants to play along. I'd love to visit you and see your list...so let me know if you decide to play.
16 comments:
You know, I lived in the Miami area for 13 years, the Lake City are for 5 years and the Jacksonville area for 9 years and in all that time I only remember going to the Key's once!
I WANT TO GO! with you on the cruise that is. I know I just got back from one but I'm ready to go again!
I have a dream to have at least one book published someday. I congratulate you on your four plus books.
I hate beets and their smell too!!!
I'll take the backroads with you as well. There's so much more to find in the off-road places.
I enjoyed these random facts!
I love cruises - even though I have only been on one in my entire life. Happy 20th anniversary (early), that is awesome to hear.
May God bless the time and may you and your husband grow ever closer together, and thus closer to Him.
Susan,
Thanks for the comment on my post today. Your comments always encourage me!!!
Sharon
I am so proud of you on number 7, the teaching thing. How dare anyone shoot down a student like that? Good for you for sticking to your calling and touching hundreds of lives.
I had a teacher tell me to quit college because I couldn't write...
so when I saw Linda's over at 2nd cup of coffee , write like you have never been to college.. blog, I celebrated..
I also write and did a community devotional book...now, I might not be the best but God is using me nonetheless.
I can't believe some teachers can be so cruel.. (NOT ALL TEACHERS... I know how it is when people say, Nurses are.. it's just a few..)
I spent a lot of time in the keyes growing up.. I grew up in Miami before moving to Georgia.
Susan, some new facts about you!! Wow!! More new things to learn. Hope your day has been good. Aren't you happy that you did not listen to that first professor about teaching? No one really knows what we can do except ourselves. God has a plan for us and we need to just find out what it is. Congrats on that teacher award..Sandy
Yay, Susan and DH! Y'all enjoy your trip!! You deserve it!!
I enjoyed reading this list! Learn something new everyday! I didn't know you were an *author*, too! How neat!
That cruise sounds wonderful. I can't wait to hear all about it!!
Very interesting list! I think water towers would be fun. That is a neat little hunt you made up.
I like pickled beets. I probably wouldn't like them any other way.
Thank you for visiting several times. I enjoy your comments. They seem really thought out and helpful!
I LOVE the Sound Of Music, although I've never been in it. I dreamt of playing Lisl, though.
Have fun on your cruise! We're throwing around the idea of going on a short weekend cruise to the Bahamas and letting the grandparents play with Lance for the weekend. So excited for you!
You'll LOVE the Keys. Go snorkeling and look out for Key Deer!
Good for you for not listening to that professor.
I know nothing about antiques. Except old photographs. I adore old photographs.
Wow! You have two great trips coming up! And, by the way, I don't think I have ever eaten a beet.
Well, I was coming over here to tag you, but I see I'm too late! Well, enjoy my list anyway! LOL!
Susan, your trip sounds wonderful! I can't believe you planned it so quickly! I can't wait to read all about it when you return.
I also don't think I have ever eaten a beet. And don't plan on it either... yuk!
Tag--you ARE it. I acknowledged you as a recipient of an award at my place. Hope you are pleased.
I know I DID this meme a while back -- but I don't think I actually "tagged" anyone with it. ( i really don't like doing that! )
I'm definitely gonna remember NOT to eat beets or serve 'em when I'm around you! But I do LOVE 'em - pickled ones! NOT plain!
I'm UP for that RV trip ... when do we leave? (I won't bring the beets...)
I hope you sent that professor a copy of the newspaper article about you getting Teacher Of The Year!... oh...okay... we don't HAVE to be like that... do we?
I DO think it's funny that the Teacher of the Year counts with TWO 4's in her line-up! 1,2,3,4,4,5,6,7,8 ... but since all 9 bits of random were VERY interesting, we'll let it slide! ROFLMBO!!!
Oh... I see you were HONORED with being a "rockin' girl blogger" too! YAY you!!!
I hate beets too!!!
Post a Comment