
We moved to my husband's hometown 8 years ago from my hometown. To be quite honest, I was a bit leary when I found out that dh was being appointed to live there. It meant leaving my family and moving to a place where (other than my in-laws) I basically knew no one. Now, I wouldn't trade it for the world...here's why:
1. We have met great people here.
2. My kids have had a chance to bond with their "other" grandparents in ways that might not have happened otherwise.
3. The schools have been wonderful. It's good to know that your kids are getting a quality education.
4. The crime is low. We feel safe a majority of the time.
5. We love our church...and are so glad that our boys are so active there.
6. I received this great Coupon Deal there!!
7. My kids "get" to go eat in Grandma's Kitchen on a regular basis. I don't think I've truly blogged about this yet...suffice it to say, they get a menu of available items and basically get to "shop" for their favorite foods while there. Watch for the "whole" story" to come to a blog near you.
8. I love, love, love my job!!!!!!!
9. I have made friends that I know will be life-long (rather than seasonal). I am able to take part in my first small accountability group where I feel totally at ease just "being me" (not always easy for a pastor's wife).
10. The weather's pretty nice (most of the time).
11. There are GREAT restaurants here. See last Thursday's blog.
12. It's near the beach (not that I go that often)...but walking with dh on the beach the other night reminded me that I need to take advantage of this peaceful calming activity more often.
13. Did I mention the "coupon" and all the added benefits of it????? :-)
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
12 comments:
Ah, yes, Grandma's Kitchen. Always a highlight of the kids' visits!
You're making me long for "home" again...I'd even take your town at this point :-).
Thanks for stopping by my TT...I know I have alot on my mind don't I...a lot of prayer requests...well you know it seems lately that a lot of bad things have been going on. Satan is at work around here. I just keep praying that man to get out of my world!! *smile*!! Your list is very positive...I am happy that you love living where you do..that is great!!
Sandy
Sounds like a wonderful place for you and your family. I'm so glad that you are happy there! Thanks for visiting me today too :)
I love your blog banner!
Moving to the town where my parents live (5 years ago) was one of the best things I could have done for my children. It's so good to have family close by. :)
We moved back to VA just over 3 years ago so our kids could be near my family. It has made such an impact on their lives!
Thanks for stopping by today. Happy 13 :)
It has been an advantage living here where DH grew up, especially for his practice. It's nice to live in a smaller community too. However, you might be able to convince me to move down there....especially for the beach;-)
Great TT! Hope things slow down soon.
It's good to do an assessment of where things are for you from time to time...and it's great when things are going well....glad you are happily blooming where you were planted.:-)
I remember being 19 and couldn't wait to move away and make it on my own and now I'd love to be closer to home.
Thanks for stopping by yesterday and for your words of encouragement.
Hubby thinks I'd mind; but I so wouldn't mind if we moved closer to his parents. It's hard not living close to any family at all.
Thanks for visiting my TT. Hope you have a fab Friday!
I live in a city where we're very close to both my mom and his parents. Sometimes too close. ;) Your town sounds lovely.
Happy TT!
Thanks for visiting mine!
Nothing beats being happy where you live. It's great that the kids have a good school. We also enjoy the luxury of a safe neighborhood. It is a good feeling to know that you can take the trash out at night clad in your "jammies" and discover that the front door has been unlocked for two days but nothing in your house has been disturbed.
Thanks for visiting my TT!
Great list...thanks for the inspiration and for visiting!
Post a Comment