More Info About Me

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #28


Thirteen Restaurants Susan Likes


As an "on-the-go" family, we eat out a lot more than we should. Here are my favorite places to eat that are reasonably priced.

1…. Moe's is quickly becoming a place we enjoy...especially for $5 Mondays when any burrito with chips and salsa and a drink is $5!

2. Panera Bread Co. is one of MY favorites. Now that there is one by the church, it is quickly becoming one of the family favorites. (I DO miss the Chicken Olivata sandwich though!)

3. Applebees is great! I love the Santa Fe Chicken Salad. And most recently, they added a Pecan-crusted Chicken Salad that is delightful!

4. Buffalo Wild Wings is becoming a place that we like to go to play trivia and other games while we eat. It's kind of fun and the kids like it. Plus, you can't beat 50cent chicken legs, can you?

5. Subway is a great place where my entire family can find food they love (and that is healthy for them). We like the 2 footlongs for $8.99 deal...this feeds us lunch AND dinner! OK, maybe it feeds ME lunch and dinner...and the kids at that meal alone.

6. Chick-fil-a is a good place to go when you are in a hurry and want to eat more healthy. I'm glad they put one by my house!

7. The Food Court at the Mall is also a great place to appease everyone. We all eat at different places there. My favorite? The Gyro place!

8. DQ Grill&Chill is a place we go sometimes from work. It's quick and, of course, offers both regular food to eat and yummy desserts! We also like that there is table service.

9. McDonald's, unfortunately, is a place we end up in a pinch. I DO like their grilled Chicken sandwiches AND their Asian Chicken Salad. I wouldn't say this is one of my favorites...but it certainly HAS to be on the list. (It IS my favorite place to get Diet Coke, though.)

10. Sweet Tomatoes is definitely one of MY favorites! We don't eat there all that often, but I love to go there when I am at our school district office for a meeting. The kids love it, too!

11. Cheeburger Cheeburger (no, that's not a typo!) is a fun place to go too. The kids like it (and have all had their picture added to the wall for eating large sandwiches (how proud I am). I LOVE thier grilled portobello mushroom sandwich. We eat there when I am at district meetings as well.

12. Olive Garden MUST make this list! My kids LOVE IT when they offer the never ending pasta bowl. I love soup, salad and breadsticks (as does dh and DS 1). I also LOVE their portobello ravioli!

13. Fazoli's and Cracker Barrel have to share a spot on this list. Fazoli's is not in our area, but when we travel to Ohio...we have them ALL scoped out! And, Cracker Barrel is a place we all love, but we generally don't eat there unless we are traveling.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



13 comments:

Just D said...

mmmm! now I'm hungry! We too love Moe's but I didn't know about a monday special, I'll have to look into it! Olive Garden calls to me every time I drive by. We eat out very rarely tho'...sad, I know! Happy 13...

Anonymous said...

Delish! :) We have a Moe's up here, too, but it looks kinda shady, so we haven't tried it yet.

My favorite on your list here has to be the Olive Garden. They have some of the most delectable food!

Lazy Daisy said...

Never heard of 10, or 11. Had to laugh though...with a houseful of boys I would guess fast food would be a favorite. We finally got a chick-fil-a (can never get enough of it!). My TT is up.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I have never heard of 10 or 11 either but I am sure they are good. We love Panera Bread. I think it is probably my favorite. I love the strawberry peacan salad and the bread...Oh the bread...nothing like that great stuff...
My TT is up too!!

Lynn said...

I love Panera's too....and that Chicken Olivata sandwich was so yummy, I don't know what they were thinking when they took it away.....DD2 and love their soup bowls too. I liked that hot dog place you took us to also.

samurai said...

Man! So many of your favorite resteraunts would make it on my list too. Panera Bread is great!

As a family we eat out way too much as well. But we are getting better. :)

Heather said...

Sigh...we're not near a Moes OR a Panera. But I do try to hit both while visiting my sisters...and of course, you know how hard my crew can hit a Chic-fil-a!

Happy Back to Work Week!

Anonymous said...

We eat out a lot but we rarely do fast food. Maybe once a month and if we do its always Sonic, it pleases everyone.

Jane said...

Well, YUMMMMMMMM! I enjoy Applebees, Cracker Barrell, Subway, Chick-fil-A and DQ. I can even get something I can eat at Applebees and Chick-fil-a so that's great.
Thanks for stopping by my T13. Thanks for the well wishes for our trip. Pray for us...with the new travel warnings we will have to pack differently but that is OK.

karen! said...

Wow, you're making me hungry! I don't know some of those places, but they sound great! That tomato place, I think I need to see if there is one near me. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Man now I want to go out to dinner tonight YUMMY list!! My TT is up!!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, now I am hungry.

Panera's and the Olive Garden are my absolute FAVORITE restaurants. Delicious. I haven't ever heard of Moes (though it sounds absolutely great), Chick-fil-a, Buffalo Wild Wings, or Cheeburger Cheeburger. But I eat at all of the rest!

Happy Thursday!

If you happen to be looking for another forum to join, I would like to invite you to Pazzesco World.
http://www.meganlovesdance.com/pazzescoworld

We'd love to have you!

Karla said...

Good list! :) #1 - Welcome to MOE'S!! ;) And I love Chick-fil-A!!
Thanks for commenting on my blog (about the "I Reflect" award). I hope you enjoyed your visit to Janna's and Sarah's if you've had time to make it over to their blogs.