More Info About Me

Monday, April 17, 2006

My Weekend Window



It's time for MY Weekend Window....

Friday I got my hair done. It feels so good to have it in a style that I like again AND can work with!!!!

Friday night we went to my Dad and Stepmother's to color eggs. It was fun to see my nieces and nephew. They had a great time egg coloring...I am always amazed at how fast it goes.

Saturday I got my nails done. Again, something that made me feel better and pampered a bit. Mom and I went shopping at the Outlet Mall. It was packed...I finally got the boys Easter stuff. I found an Easter outfit as did Mom. We had a nice time just talking and walking around the mall.

DS 4 wasn't through with his egg coloring "traditions" so we did it at OUR house on Saturday night. He had a great time mixing colors and planning what to do with his dozen eggs.

We woke up Sunday and he hunted for eggs. DSs 3 and 4 and I pretty much entertained each other until church time.

Sunday was busy for the older guys and dh. They were at church for FOUR services starting with Sunrise. I know this simply can wear you out. They rested yesterday afternoon then we all went mini-golfing and out to eat last night. Golfing was fun (but expensive). Dh noted after we ate that it cost us less to eat than to play mini-golf. I think we had a nice time though.

Somebody at church said, "You guys don't do anything for Easter???" I guess one of the boys told her that. I just didn't know how to explain what it's like being in ministry...and especially Holy Week. Dh was explaining it to the boys last night. He said that 2/3 of the Pastors in America take time off after Easter because it is draining. So "doing" something that requires more energy and preparation on that most busy day isn't the best idea for the clergy family. And besides....we DO something...we DO the most important thing....we go to church and celebrate the resurrection. After that, it's all gravy....know what I mean?

So, now after a great weekend....I am back to the daily grind....work. See you soon!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hooray for you taking care of your family...I'll never forget when you shared with me, "I'm the wife of a pastor, not a 'Pastor's Wife'!".

Our current pastor's wife has Chemical Sensitivity Disorder that leaves her more or less homebound, and unfortunately, she's been open to criticism for "not doing her job"...I pointed out that her job is to support her husband (which she does beautifully) and NOT to "do stuff" at church!

Family can give such lovely perspective. Your holiday sounds perfect to me...just enough "tradition" for A., and enough post-ministry R$R for the reast of you!