Since I took my Spring Break trip and spent last week making up for the time I was away...I haven't been to the Y to work out. I know that's an excuse....
Last night I went back. I knew that I had not worked out for almost two weeks. I knew that it would not be "easy" getting back into the swing of things. I took my book and charged ahead. After about 35 minutes of cardio workout...I had to stop. I was getting dizzy. Even the sign on the machine that says, "If you feel faint or dizzy, stop." looked blurry. I thought I could push through it....but I couldn't.
I went downstairs where ds 2 was lifting weights and ds 4 was playing basketball. I sat at a little table beside the basketball court. As I did, ds 2 came out and said, "Mom are you OK? You look a little dizzy. And you're wobbling." I didn't know about the wobbling part...although it's kind of in my genes to wobble (thanks to Grandma) naturally. I sat though. He and his friend stood there and talked to me for a minute and I drank my water. Then I decided to read a bit more in my book and watch ds 4 play basketball.
I don't know what it was. I felt better after a few minutes. As I reflect though...I think that pretty much sums up my life. I push and push and push (in whatever area) then I get "dizzy" and have to stop. It's the same old thing no matter what the subject...kind of like the hamster wheel. I need to learn to stop at the "right time". I need to learn to keep the energy in balance. I need to learn to not push too hard or too fast so that I don't burn out. And perhaps if I would start heeding warning signs (like I didn't on the treadmill) I might be better off.
The "warning" signs are written throughout scripture:
"Draw near to me and I will draw near to you."
"Come to me all who are weary...and I will give you rest."
"Cast your cares on him because he cares for you."
And so on...and so on...and so on....
Tonight I am going back to the Y. I will not go beyond what I can handle. I will not try to be superwoman. I will simply do what is right for me and my body.
And more than my Y trip...I am definitely in a season of re-evaluation. I am trying to take a look at all of my responsibilities and only cling to those that I am "supposed" to be doing. I am dropping some committments that I need to drop and re-defining others. So, along with my Y trip...I am also going to continue to pick myself up and start again...but I know that I can't go beyond what I can handle there either...I cannot be superwoman...I will simply do what is right for me and my life....
And maybe, just maybe (with God's help), this time I'll get it right!! ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment