HUH!?!?!
Yesterday, this little news tidbit came across my computer screen:
Houston Woman Fries and Eats Pet Goldfish After Fight with Husband
Authorities say a Houston-area woman who was burned up at her former common-law husband fried their pet goldfish and ate some of them.... The seven goldfish were purchased together by the couple during happier times....Police spokesman Vance Mitchell says the man reported on Saturday that the woman took the goldfish from his apartment.....Mitchell says the two argued earlier about some jewelry the man had given her but took back. She wanted the jewelry returned....Officers...arrived to find four fried goldfish on a plate. The woman said she already ate the other three
Call me crazy but she fried and ate seven 99cent goldfish to make him mad enough to give back jewelry??? And she thought it would work???? AND this was a police matter???? And it's worthy of national news on the Internet??
I just don't get it!
AND...in OTHER "HUH!?!" News...
DS 3 Takes the Stage With Top Secret Performance
Last night, my DS 3 participated in the school's "airband competition". You might remember when he and my DS 2 shot a video for the Grammy Awards in January. Well, the past few weeks "Mr. Creative" has resurfaced and decided HE'D get on stage for this event.
He kept the plan tightly under wraps except to say "You're going to be SO proud. It might be the proudest moment of your life!" I don't know about you, but when your teenager tells you stuff like that, generally you're thinking quite the opposite! Then last night, just before we left to go to the high school I got this phone call: "Hi Mom. No matter what you see on stage tonight, I just want you to know that I still like girls."
And there you have it, folks, something else that made me say "HUH!?!" There was no waiting once we got there. DS 3 signed his act up to be first on the program. He decided that he wanted to be the FIRST person ever to perform for an audience on the brand new stage AND that if he went first and it bombed, the audience would forget it by the time the night was over. I've raised thinkers if nothing else.
The act did NOT bomb. It was funny. They changed clothes three times and yes, "I Kissed a Girl" (from their Grammy video) resurfaced. And, yes, there was a "son in a dress" involved. It was choreographed well and DS 3--who has not always been my most coordinated child--did a GREAT job moving on the stage. I laughed so hard!
On the way home, he was so excited! He loved the feel of just getting up there and having fun. He is already planning for next year. And yes I am VERY proud of him.
He also noted that one of his friends said, "Wow, I should have done it with you." He had begged people for weeks to do it, but they wouldn't get on stage and go for it. I told him that I have been in that kid's shoes many many times. I've refused to just get out there and do something that I wanted to do because I didn't want to embarass myself. Yet, I also know that when you push yourself to do something like that you usually do have a blast.
I'm a proud Mama. I love it that my guys love to have fun. I love it that they enjoy their lives and occasionally throw caution to the wind (in a good way). I love it that they enjoy school in many ways.
As one of their teachers said to me last night, "Now we just have to figure out which one of your sons looks better in a dress!" He followed up by telling DS 4 (my fifth grader) that he better start looking for a dress now...cause he's probably going to need it!
And THAT made me once again think "HUH!?!?!"
Happy Thursday all!
3 comments:
ok that goldfish crazy lady thing? WEIRD! And pathetic it's national news.
And your boys...they sure do throw caution to the wind! I still can't get over the "I kissed a girl" video LOL
Ohhhhhhh how COOL! I LOVE your boys! I wish I could have seen that show last night! See... I can totally SEE DS2 doin' this stuff... but I've always thought of DS3 as being sort of "the serious one"... obviously I got that wrong! LOL!
Your boys just sound like they have such a fun time enjoying life. I know you are proud of them!
Post a Comment