2. Are you a dreamer or a realist? Wow, I am certain most people in my family would say I'm a dreamer. But I'd like to say I have a foot in both places...a dreamer who knows and understands reality.
3. Billy Joel or Elton John? You're killing me! I love 'em both! I will tell you that DS 3 and I enjoyed a Billy Joel marathon while traveling this summer...I got a compilation CD with 43 of his songs on it. It's GREAT!
4. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Not just horror flicks but also ones where the tension or suspense is killer, for example, Flightplan (2005): A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plan. Um...Silence of the Lambs gave me the CREEPS....but I'd have to say Mercy with Kathy Bates is probably the scariest movie I have ever seen all the way through!
5. Now what is the scariest real-life moment you've had? Wow! That's a hard question. I have had a couple of times where I didn't know where one of the boys was and worked myself into a frenzied panic.
6. What word do you misspell without fail? I usually misspell committee or recommend and have to spell check to be sure I'm right.
7. Name something you like to do but are not really talented or good at? Hmmm...I don't do too much that makes me uncomfortable. I love karaoke and I'm not that good at it. I usually do group singing though to avoid embarassment.
8. Do you get your emotional/mental batteries recharged by being around people or by having alone time? Again I think my family would say by being around people. And most of the time that's absolutely true. There are times, though, that I LOVE just being alone with no noise...nothing...just alone. (I feel like I'm answering "it depends" a lot this week!)
9. Have you ever been on TV? I was on Romper Room when I was four. I was SO EXCITED! I was on the news and the education channel a couple of years ago when I was the teacher of the year in our county. Other than that, no.
10. Apple or pumpkin pie? (Don't be greedy.) PUMPKIN all the way!!
11. How many magazine subscriptions do you have? I think we have three or four of them.
12. What lesson do you have to keep re-learning? Letting go and letting God.

5 comments:
Visiting from Linda's...
Romper Room? How cool!
I hate those moments of not knowing where your kids are. Once when our daughter was in high school she left a concert we were at, had to walk a couple of blocks in the dark to get to the car, and then was to go to a friend's house. I tried to call her, but she didn't answer her cell. I was freaking out, so I drove by the friend's house just to see if her car was there. It was and I was so relieved. I have never told her I did that. I just chalk it up to the privilege of being a mom. It's our job to make sure our children are save no matter their age!
Fun questions and answers! Romper room? How cool is that!
Thanks for your recent visit my way!
blessings,
Lisa
And HOW is GOD doing these days??? I can not WAIT to find out! I know it's a "process" though... I'm praying!
I found several of these questions could have been answered with "depends" too - but I just chose the one that fit most often. *shrug* - I don't think any of us are carved in stone! :)
Romper, Stomper, Bomper, Boo
Tell me, Tell me, Tell me who..
and I can't remember any more than that - ha! and maybe that isn't even right.
I am so with you on the writing. I have always wondered the same thing and TALK about it a lot. People probably think I'm crazy to ponder such stuff. I don't have kids in high school yet, but I am sure there are no longer "typing classes"...remember those? I always looked at my hands out of the corner of my eyes but kept my head tilted to the side enough that the teacher couldn't see me looking. These days, kids grow up knowing how to type - which I think is cool.
I loved reading this! So many of my answers would have been similar, although I definitely am a Billy Girl fan. I will NEVER watch Silence of the Lambs again. I really didn't watch it the first time. I closed my eyes and put my fingers in my ears!
Post a Comment