Now, I'm not going to lie, I DO wish I responded differently the first time more often---like the Scottish Gift Exchange, for example. Alas, I am human and often fall short. I am so thankful there is GRACE extended even into our pettiness.
When I really let myself wander into my self, I find that I rely on that grace more than ever. But it's also such wandering that prods me to change and to grow. It reminds me that I have so much to learn and do and be. And that it's all about the journey.
I'm glad I am not who I was yesterday. And I'm excited to see who I will continue to become. Thank you for allowing me to be "me" via this blog.
May we all find those areas in which we could use a little grace. And may we extend it to others...as well as ourselves.
11 comments:
I don't think you're always petty like that... I think you're always HUMAN like that. And I love you!
Love this post and your thoughts. I couldn't agree more...we are all works in process, thank God we are, and it is His Work. Praise God!!!
Susan
P.S. And take it from one who is about to turn 71 years young. He NEVER quits working on us!!!!!!
Grace is an awesome thing. It never runs out - praise God! \o/
Please allow His grace and mercy to rest on your heart.
May His perfect peace rest in you and your family during this season.
ybiC
Hey, if you can't let it all out with friends who can you let it out with. We understand completely and I, for one, have been in your shoes on many occasions. You are human and I love you anyway!!!
Have a blessed Christmas.
Your last post made me laugh. We all have people or know people like the "thorn in your side." We all do! Some of us are related to those people! Imagine having to spend Christmas every year with that with your extended family!?!
Skoot over and make room on that couch for me.
SMILES!!!
I was at our ladies SS class Christmas party this weekend and was telling them how wonderful blogging is because it's so much easier to be yourself in some ways than it is in real life.
I often find that writing things out helps me to solve problems or just figure stuff out.
Now if only writing could help me find a teaching job sooner!! There are way more of us graduating than there are jobs available in our county. I'm sending out resumes tomorrow, as I'm sure all my classmates are doing!!
LOL!! Who doesn't have their moments? Heck, mom and I don't like the gift exchange unless it's done OUR way - the Yankee way.
But, since we are in the South, we've learned to accept the new and embrace it... once we understood the rules - and that took some gettin' used to.
Besides, I don't DO change well. Moosh over on that couch.
xo
LBC
I have my moments too! I do think blogging can allow you to express yourself and move on. It also helps you to examine your thougts and actions so you can move forward and do better!
Thank God for His grace and His mercy! We are changing constantly!
I certainly need His mercy that is new every morning!!!!
I love your blog and your honesty....actually...I could have written the post about the gift exchange....so it was good for me to read it too! Keep being yourself....honest....but not afraid to change!
www.xanga.com/m_squad4
Post a Comment