More Info About Me

Monday, December 15, 2008

Weekend Window

This weekend was no different from most of our other weekends. It was busy. Generally, it was a good busy. Saturday we started at the soccer field with DS 4. His team won.

I left immediately for my wonderful manicure and pedicure! I went with Christmas Red this time. DS 3 and I were at DS 2's Ultimate Frisbee match on Saturday and I couldn't resist taking this photo of my feet. Weird, huh?

Speaking of DS 2, here he is all dressed up for the "hat tournament." I guess in Ultimate Frisbee language, that means that they draw the names for the teams out of a hat to make sure everyone is somewhat evenly matched. There is also some rule about if you score and you lose the hat in the catch, then you don't get the points...or something like that. I have a lot to learn about this sport for sure!!


DS 3 and I had fun watching the game and taking some goofy photos (a la my feet). He reminded me on my Facebook page that I was playing with the camera, and not him. Still here we are being the dutiful frisbee fans!

Saturday was topped off with a call from DS 1. He is doing great. He was chosen to be the PG for his platoon, which I guess means "Platoon Guide". When we researched it, we found out it was a kind of "bittersweet" job. It recognizes him as a leader, but with leadership sometimes comes ribbing from peers. Isn't that a life lesson, though? When you become a leader, there will always be those who don't recognize you as one. He seemed very proud and excited. We are proud of him as well.
Decorating this year has been a LOOOONNNNGGG process for me. The boxes came out soon after Thanksgiving, but it took until yesterday to get it done. I just haven't had the time (or the drive) to really dig into the entire project, so I did a little at a time. DSs 2, 3, and 4 helped me get the outside done yesterday.

Then I finally finished our formal tree. DS 4 was a BIG help with the ornaments on this one. And it wouldn't have all come together without DS 3's height and angel placing ability.

I told someone yesterday that showing my nativities is like showing photos of your grandchildren in some ways. I love each and every one, but I know it probably gets a little boring for those of you for whom they really hold no meaning. Still, I thought I'd share with you one of my new ones that I got last year. It has a light on it and plays music. I love how the whole thing is in that word "JOY"!

My village is always a highlight of my decorating each year. This year, the table really ran out of space on it. I am going to have to consider how to freshen it up with nowhere to go...Still, it was the FIRST thing completed this year. Yesterday, DS 3 and I put timers on everything so I wouldn't have to remember to go around and turn it all on and off. Well, this timer didn't work last night, so POOR SANTA (he's on the bottom left in a sleigh) went around in circles ALL NIGHT LONG!

And, while I'm sharing some new things...I got some new Ohio State Snowmen this year. I loved adding them to my menagerie. This, too, is out of room...no more snowmen, I suppose.
I always love our family room tree, because it has all of our homemade ornaments on it. It has many many pictures of family as well. I wish I could show you a real close-up, but there are too many names on it.

I also finished book 2 of the Twilight Series (review to come) and am well into book 3! All in all it was a fabulous weekend. Now, we just need to make it through this final week of school and we're in for our two week break! I am SO HAPPY about that!
Have a great week, everyone!

11 comments:

samurai said...

Wow - what a busy weekend. Congratulations on getting finished with all of your Christmas decorating... \o/

I am also glad to hear that you've heard from your son (#1). Sounds like he is doing well. The ribbing from his platoon-mates is not as hard as the additional duties of being in leadership... but it sounds like you have prepared him for such life's eventualities. :)

I like your village...

Anonymous said...

Your toes look nice...but I think I'm more jealous of the green grass under those pretty feet of yours! Everything around here is dry and brown! Even worse...no snow (yet)
Marilyn xanga/m_squad4

Anonymous said...

Love the red toes. I am partial to red, but I just think it is the only way to go when you get a pedicure. It just makes you feel happy!

So glad you had a good weekend. I know you are proud of DS1!

Susan said...

Love the JOY nativity. So different.
Susan

Kelly said...

Loved the decorations and so excited to hear DS1 news! That is so awesome I know you were thrilled.

Your tootsies look terrific. I loved getting a mani/pedi!! I got one last week - also bright red.

Happy Day!

Melli said...

I guess in the frisbee match, if your hat falls off your head then you don't get the point? Right? Sounds good to me!

I love seeing your decorations. I have SEEN that nativity in the JOY before... I think I might have ALMOST bought it last year? Was it a Hallmark thing?

Anonymous said...

I remember your nativities from last year ;) Your home is always decorated so beautifully!!! It is hard for me to get one tree up - never mind two!! I recently finished the first book Twilight...it was a difficult book to put down...very well written even though I'm not into vampire stuff. I have book #2 ready and waiting!!!

Jill said...

I'll bet there's not too many pictures of feet + green grass out there in blogland these days! Too cute. I love your Christmas decor photos. The little villages are so neat. And of course you know how I love snowmen! Merry Christmas to you all!

Lazy Daisy said...

Love your toes....only in Florida could you get away with going barefoot long enough to get a picture. Love your decorations and nativities. I need to take some pictures of our decorations. It took forever to get up even a few. Miss you sweet friend. Love seeing you and your sweet family.

kreed said...

Good looking toes and Christmas decorations!

Glad to hear DS1 is doing well - and your other boys, too!

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

I like all your Christmas stuff, and the toes photo! :-)