We've had a great time visiting with DS 1 and our friends and family over the past week. Of course, there was shopping to do. And baking. And wrapping. And all the other "stuff" that goes along with preparing for the "big day".
Just a short 24 hours after DS 1 was home, he broke his front tooth skateboarding with DS 4. I have to tell you it was so cool how it all worked out. DS 2 came home about the same time with his friend C, who's stepdad and stepGrandfather have a dentist practice. DS 1 knew to put the tooth in milk. C's Stepdad told us to meet him down there on a Saturday. Both men met us down there along with the hygenist. They were able to rebond the tooth (thanks to the milk). AND...they didn't charge a cent for the visit! He told DS 1 that he is so thankful for the job that service men and women do that it was the least he could do. What a blessing it was!
DSs 3 and 4 and I went to Busch Gardens for a day on Tuesday. DS 3's GF went with us. DS 1 and his friends also went---although we only saw them one time all day. We are thankful for Gram giving us tickets to go to the park.
Christmas Eve was SO neat this year for us. As you might remember, our church meets in one of the local schools. Since we only get one day a week, we made the decision to host Christmas Eve "service" at our house. We spent time visiting and eating (of course). Then, about half way through, we got out the guitars and several people got out percussion instruments so we could share some carols. 
Christmas Eve was SO neat this year for us. As you might remember, our church meets in one of the local schools. Since we only get one day a week, we made the decision to host Christmas Eve "service" at our house. We spent time visiting and eating (of course). Then, about half way through, we got out the guitars and several people got out percussion instruments so we could share some carols. 

Now, here's the neatest part. DS 3's GF and her family came. Her family is not involved in church. Her Dad is a Jehovah's Witness. And she has a step Grandmother who is Christian Scientist and a Grandfather who converted to Mormon.
And DS 4's friends were here as well. They are Jewish and in the middle of Hannukah right now. Yet, they took part in the percussion section for the evening.
And, there we were singing, "Oh, HOLY Night" and "O Come Let Us Adore Him"! All I could think was, "Wow, this must be similar to the stable on that first Christmas so long ago." I mean can you imagine people from all different backgrounds at all stages of the journey gathering to worship the Newborn King? And NO ONE was judged...it was simply a time of pure joy!
For me, THIS was a PERFECT night!
7 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful evening!
What a wonderful time. Although I had a hard time figuring out why DS 3 had a different GrandFather than everyone else, until I finally realized it was GirlFriend. LOL!. It's early, must go drink coffee!!
I'm so happy for the wonderful Christmas you had.
And you're church must be the most loving, mission out reach based church! You really bless people with your coffee for shoppers and gift bags for mall workers and such. Reverse-trick or treating. What great, great outreach ideas!
God at work!!!1 I love it. That particular group would probably never all come to a "formal Church" service at the "Church". I love that your body does so much for the people in the community. Do you get any TV or radio coverage about these projects?
Susan
I LOVE the things that your family -- and your church - get involved in! Sounds like you have had a fabulous holiday! And I know you are enjoying having DS1 around... even if he's not around every minute!
It sounds like a perfect day!! That is the way it should be!! WE have had a fun Christmas but the weather has been just awful..One morning it was 12 degrees below 0...can you believe that...now today it is 49~~
Thanks for stopping by...
Wow, your Christmas Eve sounds wonderful! That's something I really didn't like about Christmas with the new in-laws this year. There was no church service of any kind. Really weird for me. (haha I saw you wrote on my blog about the blending of traditions...I think that won't come for many years later when Ross and I "settle down" with a house, kids, etc. There was no blending. There was a "Lindsey tag along with us").
Oh, and I just told Ross if we ever end up moving to Sarasota, we definitely want to check out your church! :)
What an incredible Christmas Eve!
Post a Comment