In some ways it's hard to believe that it's 2008! Time really DOES seem to fly as we age, doesn't it? As I think about this new year, and the one that just past...I can see so many reasons to count my blessings. It's in that spirit that I share this week's Sunday Seven... 1. DH is beginning his second year of coaching and consulting with churches around the country. He took off again today to start the busy first quarter of the year. I am thankful that there is enough work out there to keep him going and that he is able to do something that is his passion. And I'm so thankful that he works so hard to provide for his family.
2. As most of you know, DS 1 is leaving on April 28th for Basic Training and AIT. He has recovered well from his surgery and is focused on this next step in his journey. It's fun to watch him enter this stage of his life as a well-rounded young man. I love the way that he's willing to consider his options as he makes decisions...then he sets his sights on his goal and goes for it. Yet, if something doesn't seem "quite right"...he's willing to consider other options. That drive mixed with flexibility will take him far.
3. DS 2 is facing the last few months of his busy senior year. To say that he lives life to its fullest is really an understatement. He's absolutely one of the busiest people I know. He'll be my second "chick" to fly from the nest this year...but I am excited to see what is in store for him and his future. Heaven knows he'll have enough time to think about it as he's FREEZING in Michigan!
4. DS 3 is more emeshed into flying than ever! He is setting long term goals for himself even at his young age (13). Because he has always been my low-emotion child, it's so neat to see him LIGHT UP about this pursuit. It seems that there may even be a smaller learning community that is geared toward aviation at his high school next year...how cool is that???
5. DS 4 is growing everyday. Of course, he wants to keep up with his big brothers. He is so full of compassion for others, that I can't wait to see how God uses that gift in his future. I'm thankful for his zest for life, because it keeps us ALL on our toes!
6. Having our extended family so close is also a blessing to us. It's been fun to see Don's brother and his family more this season. We know that more than anything, our family is most important. We are thankful for those moments they extend us grace when time goes by that we don't see each other...but we are even more thankful for the precious moments that bind us even closer than ever.
7. Most important, I am thankful for my faith which sustains me each and everyday. I fall. I don't always seek the growth that I'm sure God has in store for me. And I miss the mark over and over. Yet I am so thankful that HE LOVES ME! His Grace truly is amazing! As I said in my New Year's post: I am so glad that I have that rear view mirror perspective that helps me see those moments in my journey that have brought me to today.
I pray that as you consider your own new year and your own Sunday Seven, that you find all those ways that you are continually blessed!
5 comments:
You have much for which to be thankful. You have raised and are raising fine Christian men and that is a very important task!
Have a great week my friend.
I so agree with jane..what a blessing to know that you are raising fine good Christian men!! Wow!! Like i told you i was not a boys mamma. But I do enjoy my one and only son. I never to get to see him but know he is doing well in this old world.
Enjoy those boys, Susan.
Sandy
Very handsome family! :) (I would say "beautiful", but you know... all that testosterone! ;) )
What a wonderful list! I hope 2008 will be a wonderful year for you and all five of your guys!
Wow, such amazing young men. I can hardly wait to see how God will use each of them. Surly you were created to be the mother of boys....who knew it was spiritual gift!
Post a Comment