I live in a house with FIVE males. And, as DS 2 reminded us yesterday, their testosterone levels peak in the later teens....so that means that at least three of them are at peak for muscle-building, grunting, and developing and excercising all their primal instincts. Whatever!
For anyone who lives in a "pink" estrogen house and has no idea what I'm talking about, there are moments when you just have to push back the furniture and let them wrestle. I've watched many matches in my living room over the years. They roll. They grunt. They breathe heavily. They wait for someone to tap. Sometimes they roll into the boundaries of my tables, couches, and curio shelves. It's in those moments that I whince! Luckily most of my things have survived unscathed by their "moments on the mat".
Have I told you lately that I NEED a "PINK" room?????
Today while listening to the match in the next room with four of my guys, I found myself wondering for the hundredth time: "What's the draw?" "Why would perfectly sane human beings want to roll around with one another on the ground facing possible aches and pains?" "Can't they just STOP?" "It's all so unnecessary!" "PLEASE somebody TAP before someone gets hurt!"
And suddenly I had a new picture in my head:
We ALL have occasional wrestling matches...those moments when we engage in a struggle for power or control over someone or something. It doesn't matter whether we're estrogen-riddled or testosterone-laden.
I wrestle against things every day. Sometimes I win and sometimes I don't. And I get bruised sometimes. What I often "miss" though, is that someone has "moved the furniture" back for me so that I don't get badly injured. Most of the time, the match is unnecessary, but it's MY effort to gain control over someone or something....
I can picture, God, the mover of the furniture, sitting there saying:
"What's the draw?" "Why would a perfectly sane human being get into THAT power struggle and possibly face aches and pains?" "Can't she just STOP?" "It's all so unnecessary!" "PLEASE TAP before someone gets hurt!"
I'll keep moving the furniture when my guys are in their matches for fun....
I'll give praise for my Father who moves the furniture for me!
And I'll work on TAPPING sooner!
6 comments:
Tap...tap...tap!!! UNCLE!!! FATHER!!!! I give! I give! Can we put the furniture BACK now?
.... greeeeat post Susan!
By the way... Since DS1 cut his hair you suuuuuuuure can see how much he looks like his Pop!!!
Wonderful post! And yet another great reminder of how silly we can all be sometimes :)
Wow, you so captured that thought in a great picture story. Hope all your struggles end quickly and softly!
Susan, I totally think you need a PINK room, but until that happens I think you can rest in the fact that HE has you right where HE wants you...and what a great place is that!
Great analogy with the wrestling...I love it!
Terrific post Susan! And one that I so needed to read. T and Quintin were just wrestling this afternoon and I just don't get it. T keeps telling me it is just part of being a boy...
I loved your analogy too - this was so great, just what I needed!!! Thank you!!
Post a Comment