More Info About Me

Saturday, January 26, 2008

One more "Bagger" follow-up...

I got a call from the manager of our local grocery store today. He said, "You wrote in about Ed, right?" I told him that I did indeed send a note to their corporate office telling about a great experience my DS and I had last week and I hoped that was the right person because I didn't know his name. The manager assured me that the cashier helped to piece it together and they also confirmed it with Ed. It seems that Ed is going to receive recognition from the corporate management and may also receive a small bonus of some sort for his contribution to customer service. Isn't that wonderful?

Again, I am reminded that I am often quick to let people know when I've received the customer service shaft in places...but I forget to say "thank you" for the ones that DO go the extra mile. I need to acknowledge the good much more than I do for all the "Ed's" in this world.

It's so nice to know the rest of the story, isn't it?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so grateful that you sent that letter in!! It's so nice to receive good customer service and I'm grateful that the store is willing to recognize that!

heidi @ ggip said...

What a wonderful update. I'm glad to hear it!

Melli said...

Awwwwwwww Susan, that is AWESOME!!! I just LOVE this story!!!

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Thanks for the update! Isn't it fun to do something nice for someone? ;)

Lazy Daisy said...

I love to hear follow up stories..Do you feel like Paul Harvey and "The Rest of the Story?"

Momma Roar said...

Catching up as I was away last week - so glad to read the rest of this story!! :)

kt said...

HOW sweet is that!!!! Totally COOLIO!

samurai said...

That is awesome! I also try and let the managers know when I receive exceptional customer service!

It is something we should all do more often! :)

Linda said...

Bravo!!! I'm glad this bagger will receive the recognition he deserves. This is all possible because you took the time to tell to let them know of your positive experience.