DH and I are back from our getaway and I thought I'd share seven things that made it special.1. DH and I hadn't really been away together without the kids for any length of time until we went to NYC after last Christmas. It was a wonderful time and one we knew we wanted to repeat. This year, we decided to stay in Florida for our time...especially knowing that we have Alaska coming up in June.
2. We ate many wonderful meals while we were away. It started with the lobster meal I featured above and we also enjoyed Japanese food in Epcot. The chef just happened to have a brother that opened up a Sushi restaurant less than two miles from our house. We'll be visiting soon. 
3. We ate lunch yesterday in downtown Celebration at the Columbia restaurant. The Columbia is a restaurant that features authentic Cuban food. We enjoyed walking in "downtown" Celebration and driving around looking at the decorations later yesterday.

3. We ate lunch yesterday in downtown Celebration at the Columbia restaurant. The Columbia is a restaurant that features authentic Cuban food. We enjoyed walking in "downtown" Celebration and driving around looking at the decorations later yesterday.
Our last dinner before going home was at my favorite restaurant in Orlando. This was a treat for me as I have been there several times with different publishers and book reps, but never with anyone in my family. It was very special for me to go there with my DH. At this restaurant the entire wait staff are classically trained musicians. They sing a
variety of songs from Opera, to Broadway, to old classics. It is like walking into the middle of a musical and I love it.
variety of songs from Opera, to Broadway, to old classics. It is like walking into the middle of a musical and I love it. 4. You might think all we did was eat. That's not true.
At Epcot, we had the pleasure of hearing Rita Moreno narrate the Candlelight processional with full orchestra and an amazing choir. This show told the entire Christmas story in a very powerful way. I couldn't really get a clear picture of her, but that's her on the left hand side. 5. As I mentioned earlier, DH started our time away off with a surprise one hour massage for each of us. He surprised me yesterday with a half-day Spa package for two! We each got a facial, massage, foot scrub, and parrafin wax for our hands. It was delightful. No, I do NOT have a facial picture for either of us...but I DID get this picture of our hand and feet treatment. We loved it!

6. The lights were beautiful as we were out and about. It's a nice way to end the holidays.
7. Of course, the best part of all is just being able to spend time with each other and knowing that the kids are OK and well cared-for. I am convinced that these times make us better when we return to the daily grind. And while I don't need to leave my home to know how blessed I am....spending time away with someone you love is just the best!
Thanks, Hon, I LOVE YOU!!
13 comments:
Susan, Looks like you and DH had a great time on your alone trip... Being together like this will improve your "S" life if nothing else..You are blessed to have such a loving husband..wishing you and your family a great year in 2008...Hugs, Baba
What is the name of the restaurant that features the musicians? Just curious.
www.xanga.com/m_squad4
You look so happy together! What a wonderful time you must have had. My favorite part of Disney is Epcot, although we didn't eat Japanese food. I did buy a lot of origami paper there, though. Your pictures really seem to capture the essence of your trip and the nice memories you made.
Girl, for an "ordinary" girl, you are the most well-traveled girl ever. These pics are great. It seems like you and your husband know how to care for a marriage.
Looks like an absolutely wonderful time especially when you spend it with your honey!!
Have a wonderful New Year!!!
WHERE is that restaurant?? With the singing waiters????? I'm up that way often enough. :)
Awww....I'm a big pile of Goo now! Looks like a wonderful time with wonderful company. Hope your New Year is blessed. I know you have been a blessing to me.
Wow girl.. now that is the life....
I'm like you... we haven't done anything without kids...yet...
but our son is growing up so quick so I know the day will happen too soon..
thanks for sharing
Connie
Oh Wow! Susan, what a wonderful little honeymoon time!
And what a nice looking couple you are...you both look so happy on your trip, too!
And your hubby surprising you with a spa treatment for two?! OK, a little jealous here...
But so happy for you guys!
(And how cool to hear that Christmas presentation with Rita Moreno!)
A Happy New Year to you and your family!
How wonderful! It looks like you had a great time. Hubby and I haven't been anywhere alone since August 2005! I am hoping we will change that this year!
Awwwww! COOL! It's amazing how much fun you can have right in your own home... state! (especially when you own Disney World!) LOL! Sounds like it was a great time!
What a great guy you have there!!! I am SO glad you both got to do that. Every couple needs time away and alone!
That looks like so much fun...and a well-deserved time away. Love the photos!
Post a Comment