More Info About Me

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Morning After...

I simply haven't had the oomph to post for a while. Things have been crazy here. On Sunday night we hosted a Christmas Party for our current church. We had no idea how many people to expect. I have to laugh because when Ladybug posted this post, I thought "I don't know if I could EVER ask anyone to not bring their children to a party. I love having kids around." Now, Ladybug, I totally understand that some people MUST do this for many reasons and I certainly don't want you to think I was being judgmental...just read on...

So, Sunday night rolls around and a lady from church has four young children with her, a couple who have some disabilities and challenges. It wasn't long before two of the four were literally ripping through my house and causing me to wonder WHY I didn't heed Ladybug's advice!!!!! They ate in my family room and it looked like there had been a potato chip battle in there! I found myself bringing in the Shark Vacuum during the party to straighten up. I couldn't take it!

In the meantime, the older kids were outside around our new fire pit visiting and roasting marshmallows.

Ladybug, next year, I'm following YOUR advice!!

Monday was "finish-up-your-shopping" day for me. I don't like shopping on Christmas Eve.

We went to the service at our old church. DH and I went down with three of the boys (DS 1 had to work late). About 30 minutes into the service, DS 1 showed up. Let's just say this Mama's floodgates opened and it was tissue time! Having all four of my boys and my DH in church with me on Christmas Eve was a HUGE blessing--especially since I know that those opportunities are going to be rarer as they age.

We had a lovely gift exchange with DH's Mom and Dad yesterday morning and headed to Tampa for my family's gift exchange yesterday afternoon.

When we arrived home last night (just before 8:00), I plopped into bed and didn't move until 8:30 this morning. DH and I leave tomorrow for our little "getaway". Still not sure where we're going....but should be fun! I'll update when I can.

8 comments:

Linda said...

When my great nieces and nephews were little I experienced the same trauma at one of our family Christmas get-togethers. The little ones totally trashed my family room. Being a family affair there would not be a way to say, leave the kids at home. I'm hosting again this year and the youngest is now 18.

Wishing you a blessed Christmas season.

Susan said...

Trust your Christmas was Blessed.
Susan

Ladybug Crossing said...

LOL!!! Alas, I am wise... Children younger than the youngest are not welcome... especially chip thowers and coo coo killers.
xo
LBC

Melli said...

People are always welcome to BRING their children to my house. And I am always comfortable to ask them to LEAVE if they don't make them behave. Some folks just don't seem to get that it's not okay to let their children behave like heathens in someone else's home... If they don't think that's rude, then I don't feel rude asking them to leave.

I had two GREAT Christmas eve Church services -- One with Carol and her parents (in which Mathew and Krysti attended too!)... and then I attended carols and wassailing at MY church before the 11:00 service - which was candlelight WITH communion! It was FABULOUS! I'll have to tell ya about Pastor's sermon! It was called The Inconvenience of Christmas.

Lazy Daisy said...

Hey girlfriend, Gotcha all prayed up for your get away. Hope you have a fabulous time just being away by yourselves for a while. We decided to pass on NYC too....so we are just relaxing at home. Lady Bug does give good advice! Happy New Year.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh, I am so glad you were blessed to the point of tears! Sounds wonderful. Praise God.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to have all your boys with you! What a blessing. I hope you enjoy your getaway!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Boy I really do understand about kids!! We have those neighborhood get togethers remember me telling you about them...well we are going to stop having them as of Feb. because of just this fact!! We started this for neighbor WOMEN only and somehow kids have slipped in and ruined the whole idea!!
Yes that is my nativity scene on my blog!! Becky got it for me for Christmas..isn't it a cutie!!
Sounds like you are going to be having a great time wherever you go.
You are right about being so thrilled having all of your children together!! Cherish these times.
Sandy