More Info About Me

Monday, December 10, 2007

And because you haven't seen enough of my house....

The living room is done...see the cat enjoying ready to eat the decorations as soon as I turn my back??
I left these last two Nativity photos large so you can see them...Melli, I hope this works!


I love both of these because they are probably the most unique I have. I love that they represent other cultures...the Eskimos and the Native Americans. I also like the fact that the "stables" are cultural with the Igloo and the TeePee.


My decorating is done and now it's time to finish that SHOPPING that I haven't done. I plan to take a personal day one day next week to tackle that chore.
Since I'm on a roll showing you every other holiday nook and cranny I have, I'll leave you with our family room tree. I wanted to show you our favorite ornaments on this tree, but I realized that I have so many with names on them! So, you'll have to view it from afar.
This is the one that holds all of our homemade ornaments. It is also filled with ornaments that the kids have received as gifts over the years. I love decorating it each year. Yesterday, when DS 4 and I were putting ornaments on, he said, "You know what Christmas makes me think about?" I asked him what. He said, "It is about memories. These ornaments make me remember so many special things."
You know what? I think he's got it!

15 comments:

Ladybug Crossing said...

That cat is nothing but trouble waiting to happen.. you can tell... I love your trees and your nativities. They are all beautiful.
Thanks for sharing them with us.
xo
LBC

Heather said...

Beautiful! What day are you taking off? I've got to run to Sarasota to pick up the breadmaker from Mom and Dad to give to our friends and would love to hook up for some shopping and/or lunch.

Love,
Heather

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Yeap your son has got it!! memories!! I love your pictures and they do enlarge!! Thanks so much!! Your home looks so nice and cozy!! Sandy

Jane said...

Everything looks beautiful! I am STILL waiting on my sweet son to bring my tree down from the loft so I can put it up and decorate it!!!
Also, I love your nativities. I have several myself. If I ever get my decorations up I might share mine too!!!

Baba said...

Hi Susan, your home looks very warm and inviting for Christmas....Thanks for sharing with us..all of your nativities are so special and you must enjoy them every year...you have made me want to start collecting different ones also...Love ya, baba

Linda said...

Your trees are beautiful! I can never get ribbon to look right so I've given up. I have not met a cat that doesn't like exploring a Christmas tree!!!!

Tammy said...

Love these, Susan! That Eskimo set is so cute! And what beautiful trees!

Anonymous said...

Oh is that angel from Avon a couple of decades back ;) We actually have one also but ever since we had Samantha she wants the top of the tree lit up ;)
The Bipolar Diaries

Jill said...

Just beautiful, Susan. I can't believe all those nativities! And you know the what/why/when behind each and every one.

Baba said...

Hi Susan, Come see what I bought today...You will love it. baba

dishywinnie said...

cats are so smart they cant wait for us to put up our supersized tree cat toys

Anonymous said...

Your trees are beautiful! I just love seeing everyone else's decorations!

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

I have to admit it's a little weird seeing the native American nativity, knowing that many tribes do not follow Christianity, though it's beautiful just the same! (Maybe they do now. I dunno. One of my friends is married to a native American man and their tribe is VERY pagan.)

Lazy Daisy said...

Wow, I'm impressed. I sent you an Advent Ribbon...so look out for it in the mail!

Anonymous said...

I like your "different" nativity scenes too. I wouldn't have thought to make one like that, but they are very cool

Your trees are beautiful too.