
I know that Jane over at Cozy Reader is participating in this meme...and I decided I'd give it a go. Soooooo....Heeerreee'ss my FIRST Sunday Seven:
1. I am so blessed to have DH home for such a stint this week. He came home on Tuesday and will leave again tomorrow.
2. The pastor at the church we have been attending has been doing a series on marriage and relationships. Today they played a rendition of The Newlywed Game (remember that show?) with three couples from the audience. It was interesting because the couple who had been married for 47 years didn't "win"...and neither did the couple who had been married less than a year...it was the "middle couple" (10 - 15 years) that "won". Here's what I know...it's not the "trivial things" that keep us strong and together...it's that shared vision...that desire to stick together...and truly being friends that keeps us together. I'm grateful that I'm married to my friend!
3. We had a great time at The Blue Man Group last night. It was fun. The kids really enjoyed watching them. I have to say it is such a multi-sensory experience...it's amazing to think about how they put it all together.
4. My SIL celebrated a birthday this week...Happy Birthday, C!!
5. My nephew, M, also celebrates his second birthday this weekend. He's a real joy to be around. Pray for him because he took a spill and broke his leg this week, too. I hear he has a hot red ELMO-type cast...and that he'd be up and running again soon.
6. As we looked at relationships at church, it's hard not to think about my two sons who are in dating relationships. It's evident that both boys know the value of being friends with their partner. I'm proud that they nurture that part of their relationships so well.
7. The weather is absolutely gorgeous out today. I AM thankful for living in a beautiful place where we can enjoy those around us.
Blessings Everyone!!
10 comments:
Great job on your first Sunday Seven. So glad to hear that your sweetie is home for a while. I always hate it when Mr. Wonderful is away on mission trips. I saw that the Blue Men are doing a concert near us soon. Glad to know it was fun.
Hope your sunday is warm and cozy with those you love the best.
Welcome to Sunday Seven. I'm so glad you joined our little group. I've added you to the blogroll now. I enjoyed learning a little about you by reading your Sunday Seven, and I'm looking forward to visiting regularly.
This is my 2nd go round with Sunday 7, but I think it is a great meme, and plan on doing more. One of the ladies did it on a daily basis, giving a "thankful" for each day. I thought that was a good idea!
I picked the same banner. Great minds think alike:)
Hope your nephew is doing OK - a broken leg at 2; but I know it won't keep him down for long. Praying it heals quickly.
My Sunday 7 is up for today.
http://www.myprairierose.com/QuietTimeCompanion/
Susan, I am so glad you are on board. I know you are glad your hubby is home. It must be hard for you with him traveling so much.
Hope your nephew is up and running soon. Little ones usually heal quickly.
Take care and have a great week.
Welcome to the Sunday Seven Susan! (boy that's a lot of S's!) My Amanda saw the Blue Man Group out in Las Vegas a while back -- she says if we ever get the chance we MUST see them! She absolutely loved them too!
I'm so happy for you that you had a few days to share with Hubby this week! I know you've been missin' him soooo much... That Newlywed Game sounds like a fun idea! Dennis and I used to LOVE that show when we were first married!
Thank you so much for your VERY kind words in my post from yesterday! Sometimes I really don't KNOW what gets into me! I do HOPE my words might have done "something" good ... but I kind of have my doubts! Do you suppose that God might TAKE something like that and TURN it into a good thing? I keep praying!
Hello Susan...Nice to see that you have joined this Sunday Seven. I have been thinking about it but I do Thankful Thursdays now so I figured that is so close to the same and I need some other days just to be me...I am glad that your hubby is home also. I know how much you miss him.
Take care..I hope you are having a great Sunday.
Sandy
Am visiting via Natalie's and I enjoyed reading your Sunday Seven list.
Will be dropping by more often.
Happy Monday!
It's nice to have your hubby back huh!. Ouch! That broken leg must have hurt. Poor kid but as they say, the young ones heal pretty fast.
Welcome to Sunday Seven.
Thanks for the visit.
This meme looks fun. I've always wanted to see the Blu Man Group.
Thanks for visiting mine. Austin is similar to Jacksonville. So true about shared vision making for better shared lives.
Post a Comment