More Info About Me

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #42



Thirteen Reasons I LOVE Thursday Thirteen.....and will MISS it!!


1. It forces me to get around to blogs that I haven't seen before. And some of them I have found to visit again during the "non" TT days.

2. It makes me think about a list each week. This has been fun as it's really helped me learn more about myself.

3. I like it when my kids read it and tell me, "you should have said....." OR "I can't believe you said...."

4. I find that sometimes just "having" THIRTEEN thoughts about one subject can be difficult (who knew?).

5. I love finding new header graphics for it. I really love it that people are willing to share theirs. I need to learn to do that!!!!

6. It helps me know what other people think...and occasionally, I find that I'm not alone in my thinking.

7. I've been able to say things I love about people in my life...that I might not have said otherwise. I know it's a bad fault to not tell people just how much they mean...I'm guilty, however, of missed opportunities. This has helped me think of things.

8. I know I love it, cause I was sad, sad, sad, when I went to the site and found all the codes and stuff had been retired!!

9. I like surfing on Thursdays and getting comments from people who have never visited my blog before.

10. I love looking at my site meter on Thursdays because I can see all the places represented by TT visitors....

11. Sometimes, it keeps me on task...when I haven't blogged...or I don't know WHAT to blog, a Thursday will come around and I know I can do it.

12. It can make otherwise "mudane" facts...somewhat interesting.

13. It's JUST FUN!!!

6 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Yeah. I'll miss it too. The last time I saw, no one had bought the rights to it. Uisce at Whiskey Talking said something about keeping it going - even without the site. So I don't know.

Chat soon!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Hey Susan, I quit this a long time ago and went to Thankful Thursday. i was not coming up with 13 things every week so decided to try that instead and I like it so much better...go and check out my post today and read my ranting if you have the time. Sandy

Unknown said...

Hi Susan! I never started TT because I knew I could never come up with 13 things on one subject every week. I too, do Thankful Thursday and really enjoy it. I can be thankful for as many things as I want! But I do enjoy reading these. Maybe someone will pick it up soon.

Blessings to you!

Melli said...

Hey Susan! You know... if YOU like doing a list of 13 things on Thursdays... you can still DO it! You don't need there to be a blog roll for it! Just DO it! OR... like Beckie and Sandy said -- try the Thankful Thursday -- or I've seen another one that's Thoughtful Thursday... OR maybe you'll think up something new and different that everyone would like to do! But I'll stop by and visit no matter what you do!!! ;)

Hey... can you check and see if your RSS feeder is turned on? Because I've tried to add you to my Reader and it says there is no feed for your blog. You go into "Settings" and then into "Site Feed" ... and the top one says "Blog Posts Feed" -- if you just make it say short or long instead of "none", then I'll automatically get updated when you post something.

Melli said...

Welllll... I tried to add you again, and it still says "no feed available". (this happend when I updated too -- and Barbara let me know about it) Try turning it off. And then log out. And then log back in, and turn it back on. And also check to see if your "send pings" is turned on.... I don't know what that might have to do with it -- but it's worth a try. That's not under "site feed" though -- I forget where it's at.

Melli said...

I'm baaack! I did just try again, and it is still saying No feed. But I would contact Blogger -- because it's probably a THEM thing...