Appetizer: What sound, other than the normal ringing, would you like your telephone to make?
I think a nice piano would be good...Jim Brickman style.
Soup: Describe your usual disposition in meteorological terms (partly cloudy, sunny, stormy, etc.).
OK, I wanted to say "Sunny" (of course)...instead I have to say "Hurricane Warning" with scattered Sunshine. The only reason I say "Hurricane"...is because I lead a pretty frenzied life...there's a lot going on and yet, there's always that "eye" where things are pretty calm and peaceful too. (Gosh, the truth hurts sometimes!)
Salad: What specific subject do you feel you know better than any other subjects?
Since I sleep, eat and breathe Literacy...I'd have to say "Reading Instruction". My job is to coach teachers in the implementation of best-practices for Reading instruction. It's my passion and I'm glad to know that I get to do it every single day.
Main Course: Imagine you were given the ability to remember everything you read for one entire day. Which books/magazines/newspapers would you choose to read?
The Bible for sure. I don't "retain it" like I should. It's my dream to be like those people who have a scripture for every occasion. I simply don't. Secondly, I think I'd choose a language book for a total second language.
Dessert: If a popular candy maker contacted you to create their next confection, what would it be like and what would you name it?
Decadent Dark CHOCOLATE! Don't know what I'd name it...I'll have to think about that one....
9 comments:
Good answers, how wonderful to be able to work in the area of your passion. Have a wonderful weekend.
Ditto on the Bible reading. If that where possible I'd try and read for 24 hours... Mt Dew and No Doze would reign!
Nice post... thank you for sharing.
I played today too (can you believe it?)!
Have a great weekend!
Great feast as always!! I would love to be able to retain everything that I read in the bible...How grand would that be. Sometimes I can remember and even be able to find it IF i have my OWN bible!! I know that is the way to be more like God and that is what we are striving to do...that was my answer to that questions too. Have a great weekend..Sandy
Your feast is delicious. I think chocolate has definitely been the favorite in the dessert category!!!
Have a wonderfully sunny weekend with NO possibility of Hurricane winds!!!
I linked on you through Linda. This sounds fun to do. Can you tell me how to get the questions to my blog?
My name is Susan, too!
I just clicked on The Artist and found the memes link! Thanks you.
Well... I'm a little confused. Is your LIFE like a hurricane - because you're always busy - because you have a husband and FOUR BOYS? Or is your "attitude" like a Hurricane - gonna tear somebody apart at a moments notice? Cuz I don't think that a Hurricane LIFE is a bad thing! I think it's a busy mom thing! My life was like that for years and years! It's settled down considerably since my youngest got their licenses and their own cars! (but... I'll admit, that BECAUSE my life was a Hurricane, my "attitude" was frequently a Tornado!) Now my tornadoes are few and far between.
I think you are SO blessed that your work is your passion! That in itself has to make the Hurricane a little less dangerous!
I'm like you -- I don't retain MUCH of what I read. I retain the "general idea" -- but I will NEVER be able to quote scripture!!! I remember having to memorize them in Sunday school -- and I would DO it! And then the minute the test was done those scriptures left my brain! LOL!
Great feast.
I'm catching up again...
Love your valentine bear - she's adorable!!
xo
LBC
Post a Comment