DS 3 and my FIL have been working on a Toothpick Bridge over the last month. This contest takes place in our town each year in February. DS 3's Science Teacher requires that each student participate once during their middle school years.
This is the third bridge we've made in our house. DSs 1 and 2 both had this teacher and had to do the project as well. Quite honestly, they weren't THAT into it (and neither were their parents). So, when DS 3 announced this was the year...we thought about asking Grandpa to help. He is a bit more meticulous than the other males in this neck of the woods.
Sure enough, he came through by helping DS 3 find a plan, build triangles, and glue glue glue. He and DS 3 worked hard and got all the sides built last week. Before they could stand it up and put the other supports on, though, FIL had to leave town...and may I say that DH came home "in the nick of time" to help finish the bridge project.
This morning DS 3, DH, FIL, DSs 2 and 4 and DS 2's GF went to watch "THE CRUSHER"! DS 3's bridge was the third one to be crushed. His held 10 pounds...they must hold 5 pounds to "qualify". Believe it or not they CAN make these things to hold the weight of a full grown man. (That never was DS 3's goal.)
The day continued as we all went to DS 2's soccer game. It was a "friendly game" and the first one of the club team's new season. They lost 1 - 0 (although we think there was a goal that didn't get called because it bounced back out of the net. Anyway, it was a pretty day to be out watching a game....
Tonight, we're all off to see The Blue Man Group

4 comments:
Saw them on Tv have a fun time
xxx
I hope you enjoy the BMG. We had a great time watching them when they came through town a few months ago.
Oh my gosh! I did NOT know the Blue Man Group is ALL percussion! Amanda never mentioned that! Oh wow! My Derek would LOVE that too - for sure! I will have to keep my eye open for them ... I hope they come this way soon!
I love improvisational music and instruments, and I've wanted to see the "Blue Men" for sometime...
I'll have to search out to see if they will ever be close enough to go see - and to see if I can afford it. :)
Post a Comment