Remember when Goldilocks fell asleep in the Bears' house? Remember when they found her? I had a Goldilocks experience yesterday.
I am on a week-long trip to promote my new book. I have been in Orlando for the last three days. Yesterday, I came back to my room to do some work while my friend, M, went over to a keynote session. As I sat at the desk in the hotel room typing, I heard a key in the door. It was about time for M to be back, so I didn't think too much of it. I also heard voices talking. I didn't think too much of that either because we were meeting friends for dinner.
So I stayed at the desk and kept typing. I should note that the door opened in such a way that I couldn't see who was opening it until they peeked around it.
Well, suddenly I heard a voice say, "Somebody's in our room!" The voice, which came from a small scantily clad twenty-something girl, was a surprise to me. As she peered around the door at me, I replied, "NO, somebody's in MY room!" (in my best Mama Bear voice.) She and her friend turned to the males that now appeared with them and said, "What's going on here?" I said, "This WAS my room and IS my room until tomorrow." They apologized and shut the door.
I called the front desk. The lady there told me there had "been a mix-up" and they had issued these people a key for my room number when they meant to issue it for the room just across from mine.
All I can say is "Thank GOODNESS it was a "mix-up" and they were not axe murderers or something....!" And "I'm so glad I was working in my clothes and not my pajamas or something!"
Speaking of axe murderers, this week I get to meet two blogging friends, Mary and Sandy. I am SO excited! I remember when I read about three more blogging friends meeting with their husbands some months ago. It was really neat.
DS 2, however, has had a GRAND time with this. He said he can picture the headline now, "Learning for Lifetime killed by Flip Flop Floozie" (sorry, Sandy--he's a bit "off" sometimes). I had to LAUGH when I DID go visit Sandy's blog yesterday and found this picture of her in her Saturday Photo Scavenger Hunt . I LAUGHED out loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now, I'm even MORE excited to meet these two sweet blogging women! DS 2 it will be FINE!!!!!!!!!
Besides, I "survived" Goldilocks in Orlando!!!!!!!!!
5 comments:
susan, I am definitely NOT an AXE murderer...I dont even have an AXE plus I would be scared of it!! I guess I posted those silly pictures of me in Walmart at the WRONG time. Your friend Mary looks familiar to me. Does she live here? I feel like I have seen her someplace? Hmmm!! I am sorry about the people just walking in on you...NOW that is scary...Just to let you know Savannah is a city that you will need to be a little on your toes about people!! Just watch yourself when you are here...Okay?? Sandy
I'll be on my toes. I LOVE the picture and just had to laugh at it. It is FUNNY!!
Mary lives in Charleston area.
Talk to you soon. I'll call.
:-) Susan
Well, color me jealous!!! I have met two blogging friends, Yellowrose and Lazy Daisy and they are FABULOUS but I would love to meet more. All the bloggers in the southeast should meet in Atlanta and have a little party...what ya think???
Man I would love to meet some blogging friends. I'm just not sure they would like me! :)
Well, I am glad that that situation was not more trouble some than it was! Scary!
I am glad that the Lord kept you safe while on your trip.
Scary! I'm glad you were in the room (fully clothed - as you say). Some stuff could've gone missing!
And I hopped over to Flip Flop's blog to see the picture. Too funny! :)
Post a Comment