Marytagged me with this interesting and meaningful meme:
1. Favorite memory of your mother? My Mother is pretty spontaneous. I think one of my favorite things that makes me smile is thinking about her hearing sirens and saying, "Let's go see what happened!" Or, all the times we just stayed home and laughed and enjoyed each other. One thing we used to do at home is sit together on the piano bench and play and sing through the hymnal. I loved that! I am so glad that she took the time and felt the conviction to raise us in the church. I know it has set my entire life on a path that is filled with blessings.
2. Favorite memory of your father? I think family vacations would have to be my favorite memories here. We'd travel and listen to Eight Track Tapes (some of you aren't even old enough to remember these!) and sing and laugh. I also remember when we'd ask what time it was, he'd reply, "What time do you have to be there?" His likes to make sure people around him are laughing and having a good time. If this meant that HE needed to provide the humor, he would (and does).
3. What one skill would you like to wake up tomorrow and be able to do (though you'd never learned it)? OK this is kind of strange. I wish I could have learned to do a cartwheel. I tried. It wasn't in my genes, I guess.
4. Which one of your dreams has come true?Besides my wonderful husband and family (which is definitely my #1 dream come true...I have been able to be in a career to which I felt called. I have not only been able to touch a small class of kids, but have seen God expand my horizons by letting me work in classrooms and schools all around the country.
I'm tagging: Heather (when she's feeling better), Dan, and Lynn (I'm hoping that Dan and/or Lynn tag Greg--hint, hint!)
3 comments:
Ah the siren chasing...I remember we chased a fire one time all the way to New Tampa ( at that time it was the sticks ) and she locked the keys in the car...As for dad the other answer to the What time is it question was "a quarter till"...Ah the eight tracks..."She played tamborine with....." Those were the days.
Dad used to follow the fire trucks when we were little....I remember being able to feel the heat from a fire while sitting in a car! I'll try to do this tomorrow......I saw the post and then went to Mary's...saw that she tagged some and knew that you probably tagged me;-) I did finally post a TT today!
I posted mine the other day;-)
Post a Comment